Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 22-23 snow/ice threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Hey guys...a travel related question.  Do you think this will come in waves?  I might have to travel from CON to Great Barrington.  Not sure if I should go Friday afternoon or sometime on Saturday?  Thanks.

I'm going to piggyback on you travel question with one of my own.  I have to be at Logan Friday at 5:00 pm to pick up relatives coming from England.  How bad will it be?  I can handle the snow but dread driving through freezing rain.

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I'm going to piggyback on you travel question with one of my own.  I have to be at Logan Friday at 5:00 pm to pick up relatives coming from England.  How bad will it be?  I can handle the snow but dread driving through freezing rain.

Euro and Super Swiss Friday at 5, looks like snow

us_model-en_modnychd_2017122106_41_1641_155.png

us_model-en_modez_2017122100_48_519_155.png

25 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Hey guys...a travel related question.  Do you think this will come in waves?  I might have to travel from CON to Great Barrington.  Not sure if I should go Friday afternoon or sometime on Saturday?  Thanks.

Friday looks snowy, Saturday afternoon looks wet but foggy and icy spots, pick your poison

28 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Now there's a road trip with no direct route!   I would go with Saturday.

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Thanks guys.  Not an easy decision.  Yeah, not easy to get to GB from CON.  If I go through Keene I have to go through some pretty cold spots.  If I go down 93 to 495 I could be in the cluster fook.

If you go through Keene and Brattleboro on Saturday the roads will all have been treated. 

49 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I'm leaving ME first thing tomorrow morning..I figure I'll get home before there's more than a couple inches on the ground and before any changeover.

32 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Thanks guys.  Not an easy decision.  Yeah, not easy to get to GB from CON.  If I go through Keene I have to go through some pretty cold spots.  If I go down 93 to 495 I could be in the cluster fook.

21 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If you go through Keene and Brattleboro on Saturday the roads will all have been treated. 

between CON and Keene can be pretty dicey on rt 202/9 on good days.  Not to mention, if you get stuck behind THAT guy, you might not be going more than 15 mph if it is snowing. sure, it is by far the most direct route out that way. But it can really suck,

23 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

between CON and Keene can be pretty dicey on rt 202/9 on good days.  Not to mention, if you get stuck behind THAT guy, you might not be going more than 15 mph if it is snowing. sure, it is by far the most direct route out that way. But it can really suck,

F the backroads, just hit up 93 to 495 to 290 to the mass pike. 

Archived