Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Early Monday overunning 12/18/17

Ginx snewx

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like it’s snowing pretty well at the casa. 16.5F there. 

Just took a look at your cam.  It seems that cam's for some reason always make falling snow look less intense than if you were there.  Maybe cause they only can really see flakage close to the cam and not the background stuff.

I was in Northfield last week exploring the back roads.  Looked for chickens or weather stations but couldn't find either.  Tried to look you up on Google for your address for a quick stop by to say hi but couldn't find you.  Maybe next time!

9 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Just took a look at your cam.  It seems that cam's for some reason always make falling snow look less intense than if you were there.  Maybe cause they only can really see flakage close to the cam and not the background stuff.

I was in Northfield last week exploring the back roads.  Looked for chickens or weather stations but couldn't find either.  Tried to look you up on Google for your address for a quick stop by to say hi but couldn't find you.  Maybe next time!

Yeah they're not great for it. When I can actually see flakes filling the image I know the growth is above average. Streaming the images gives a better representation of the intensity, but it still isn't perfect. One of thee days I'll have a live stream going.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

How's the run working?

Great. Although the snow from the squall got underneath the panels the other day. I need to get my greenhouse film up around the area I want enclosed. They're enjoying having more space beyond the area under the coop. There hasn't been much free ranging lately with snow and 20/5 type days.

26 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Nice just saw your measuring stick on your cam, bring it a little closer and straighten her up

46 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice just saw your measuring stick on your cam, bring it a little closer and straighten her up

Ginx,  the NEST cam is a wide angle lens so it makes everything slant left or right on the sides of the image.  The stake is actually level.  What I am going to do this week is put a better, closer snow stake in the back yard in close to the cam.  That would be more accurate too since its a level area and more wind protected!

Storm wise snow has become very light with sun dim vis.  Just under 2".  Looks like more returns west so we are not done yet...

Archived