Newest Member
    joxey
Early Monday overunning 12/18/17

Ginx snewx

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, alex said:

Intensity has picked up again. I’ve gotta say, lots of overperfomers this year ( at least compared to my P&C forecast)

Yeah, this was a poop emoji forecast from us.

I’ll be able to better dig through at work later, but we had chance PoP for last evening while we were doing the bulk of the accumulating in PWM.

I don’t think we finally had categorical PoP until Ekster came in for the swing shift.

We probably should’ve had an advisory out, and were basically telling people 50/50 shot of snow.

I mean our 12 hour PoP (so chance of 0.01" liquid in 12 hours) was 60% with a QPF of around 0.08" just as the stuff was getting going yesterday early morning.

PWM went 3.5" and 0.25" liquid. 

To me we should have at least been pushing 100% PoP. I can more forgive missing the QPF, that stuff happens. But did we not think it would snow? We had accumulations, so by strict definition PoP should have been more than "likely."

6 hours ago, tamarack said:

Unexpected half inch after 9 last night brought the total to 1.3", with 0.07" LE - broom snow.  Every place to my south and east is reporting 2-5", including Topsham's 5, which I'll be walking thru in an hour or so as we set up the timber harvest on the state lot near Merrymeeting Bay.

10" on the ground at 5' above sea level in Topsham, mainly fluff but with a light crust from last Wednesday's end game.  Not often that area has twice the depth as at my snow stake.

Archived