Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

You served your time.  You're forgiven.  I'll get back to you on it as the recent upgrade messed with some things.  

I’m weenied out too. Can you do the same thing or am I asking too much? I am a weenie but I do like to post pictures at times when others are sleeping or when people aren’t posting much, and you’re my boy, I won’t post stupid stuff or ever attack anyone from now on I’ll just say no comment from now on if I don’t agree with them

thanks regardless of what you decide to do

really weenied about next weeks potential

:weenie:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

IM envied out too. Can you do the same thing or am I asking too much? I am a weenie but I do like to post at times when others are sleeping or when people aren’t posting much, and ur my boy I won’t post stupid stuff or ever attack anyone from now on I’ll just say no comment from now on if I don’t agree with them

Yea man.   The issue is being worked on.

3 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Is it just me or is this looking like another year where everything sports and weather goes New England's way?

Watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl, the Celtics the NBA title, and Red Sox win the World Series while Boston gets a 2014-15 redux...

Prob just you 

11 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Is it just me or is this looking like another year where everything sports and weather goes New England's way?

Watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl, the Celtics the NBA title, and Red Sox win the World Series while Boston gets a 2014-15 redux...

Boston's had like 2" more snow than NYC

6 hours ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Yanks will have something to say who wins WS

I’ve never experienced temps near/below 0, don’t know how one could adjust to such conditions. After a certain point the cold is simply too much to bear for me.

I’ve noticed lakes already frozen over in interior CT, and with snow on the ground there it looks like a completely different world compared to here.

Cold and dry. The worst possible scenario. I thought if we were to have a snowless period it would be due to overwhelming warmth. The last few years all it took was a couple days of cold to score snow. Now we have abundant cold and very very little moisture. I still think there is going to be a bomb. There is just too much pent up energy. The issue is, does that bomb occur 300 miles offshore or later down the road as a cutter 

2 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

This cold serves no purpose other than jack up heating costs and freeze up lakes and rivers. 

The only cool thing is the occasional pics of sea smoke around the area, although it'll be funny watching everyone try to stay warm for New year's Eve in NY. 

The lakes in my area are frozen. Saw a few people ice fishing.

9 hours ago, Cfa said:

I’ve never experienced temps near/below 0, don’t know how one could adjust to such conditions. After a certain point the cold is simply too much to bear for me.

I’ve noticed lakes already frozen over in interior CT, and with snow on the ground there it looks like a completely different world compared to here.

I've noticed that there are some subtle differences in how your body perceives the cold once it gets close to 0F, but nothing that I would characterize as crippling under normal conditions. You just keep fortifying your wardrobe to compensate for the colder weather, regardless of whether it's +30 or -30. Eventually you'll be in a spacesuit, but you can spend time outdoors in some pretty mind-bogglingly cold weather and not be in excruciating distress provided your apparel is up to the task. Fingers and toes are the biggest (and often only) source of trouble in extreme cold.

At this stage of the winter, I can complete brief outdoor chores in the low single digits with insulated jeans, a canvas work jacket, and decent gloves. Any longer/colder and the prep starts to get a little more technical.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Try being a groundskeeper. This hurts physically and financially.

so when people wish away snow and I get a little pissed it’s hundred dollars bills evaporating from my wallet

It's not evaporating from your wallet. It was never there to start with. I've been in that game for over 25 years.  Never count on snow money. You obviously have a bunch to learn about being a groundskeeper... and how to handle winter months. 

Ive been around these boards a long time. To the early Eastern days. This forum has really gone down the toilet the past couple years.  Sorry to say..

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Ice fishing and old time hockey

Saw a guy clearing snow on the lake for his daughters earlier.

Youngsters these days that that play the game, skate full time in-doors.

My brothers son plays at an elite new england boarding school now, D 1 prospect at age 13.

Only saw him on a pond 2 times...he was around 6  & 10.

We have dealt with multiple forum splits and have had people poached from the NYC and Philly subforums left and right over the last 5 years.  In the past, we've had good posters chased away by idiots, thin skinned mets chased away by posters simply questioning them and yet we have kept a great core of people here who work hard on making good posts for us to read daily.  I'm absolutely f**king sick of people thinking they can come in here and bash this subforum.  Some of these people have added absolutely nothing to convo but think they can stroll in here and bash this place and people's well thought out posts.  There's no doubt this subforum isn't what it used to be but that's beyond our control. This all started long before Bx and I became the moderators of this subforum. All we can do is make the best of it and continuing trying to make this subforum better.  We need everyone here to help us with that though.  Anyone who doesn't want to be a part of this place can go somewhere else.    

13 minutes ago, Rjay said:

We have dealt with multiple forum splits and have had people poached from the NYC and Philly subforums left and right over the last 5 years.  In the past, we've had good posters chased away by idiots, thin skinned mets chased away by posters simply questioning them and yet we have kept a great core of people here who work hard on making good posts for us to read daily.  I'm absolutely f**king sick of people thinking they can come in here and bash this subforum.  Some of these people have added absolutely nothing to convo but think they can stroll in here and bash this place and people's well thought out posts.  There's no doubt this subforum isn't what it used to be but that's beyond our control. This all started long before Bx and I became the moderators of this subforum. All we can do is make the best of it and continuing trying to make this subforum better.  We need everyone here to help us with that though.  Anyone who doesn't want to be a part of this place can go somewhere else.    

Yep. Instead of bashing it with drive by posts and lame attacks that just add to the exact crap you are complaining about. There are many posters here who have a decent amount of knowledge, but choose instead to troll, worry about who is right, not what is right, rush to make "bold" calls to claim victory, and basically treat this as their own personal blog. The egos need to be checked at the door a bit...not just because it rubs a lot of people the wrong way and completely ruins the often otherwise well thought out scientific thoughts presented...but because this hobby and profession has a way of humbling even the most talented among our great mets and hobbyists. 

If you get a call wrong, dont run away for 2 weeks and then come back here with the same old trolling routine. Explain why you got it wrong, and attempt some humble pie. But PARTICIPATE, dont just preach. Everyone here has something to offer...dont ruin the message with trolling or arrogance. 

If you have issues with whats posted here, take part in helping all of us fix it. Explain why a post is wrong. Explain why meteorology still wins out over modelology. Posts obs. Make fun of rjay. Just help!

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived