Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The first day we hit 40 after this cold streak there will be joggers with shorts on the LB boardwalk.;) I was up there on a morning near zero once with joggers just wearing tights and a light jacket. No form of weather is too extreme for the LB Boardwalk crew. There was even a video of someone running out on the boardwalk with the sandy waves splashing over the top.

I have surfed during and after many many snow storms and even a couple blizzards. With the right gear it’s all good. Though I did have a terrible asthma attack one time when it was 18 and have put 20 as my limit since.

42 minutes ago, Rjay said:

And I'm gonna go with every other medical paper written in the subject.   

I win.   Peace.  

Cold air can cause other things that make you sick.  Cold air is drier which is better for viruses to multiply in.

Cold air can also stress out your immune system so those with a bad or mediocre immune system are more prone to get sick.

10 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

The dramatic cold can lead to some pretty horrific situations....please be careful with using any supplemental heat the next few days. 

10 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

The dramatic cold can lead to some pretty horrific situations....please be careful with using any supplemental heat the next few days. 

LOL all I know was I was really sick today, big headache and couldn't breathe through my nose because it was stuffed.  I have a space heater on top of my normal heat, and i set the space heater to the highest possible temp 90 F- and after like 2 hours I feel MUCH better.

Got my bedroom temp up into the mid 90s !

11 minutes ago, Paragon said:

LOL all I know was I was really sick today, big headache and couldn't breathe through my nose because it was stuffed.  I have a space heater on top of my normal heat, and i set the space heater to the highest possible temp 90 F- and after like 2 hours I feel MUCH better.

Got my bedroom temp up into the mid 90s !

Into the 90's!  Inside the house?  Man that's insane lol.  I couldn't breathe.

Just now, Rjay said:

Yea it's really sad.  Guessing a space heater?

Bx may know something, I haven’t seen anything yet. With that many fatalities and injuries my first thought was some sort of arson but I don’t know. There’s been a number of fires in the city tonight and I’d guess space heaters are behind more than one. Like Bx said, be very cautious with those things, folks. 

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Bx may know something, I haven’t seen anything yet. With that many fatalities and injuries my first thought was some sort of arson but I don’t know. There’s been a number of fires in the city tonight and I’d guess space heaters are behind more than one. Like Bx said, be very cautious with those things, folks. 

I've had a few over the years and they all work really well.  Brand is Lasko.  Then again I don't have carpeting so maybe the combo of carpeting and space heaters is bad.

3 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Interesting.  I find that getting fresh air helps out.

Tried that but because it was so cold I actually felt my headache getting worse lol.

So I was like F* that let's heat this baby up lol.

My weather station is indoor/outdoor, so it was reading 18 degrees outside and 96 degrees inside .

Right now it's reading 14.9 out 84.2 in

I can't say enough good things about these space heaters, have owned them since 2005, never an issue.

I basically turned my room into a sauna.

I looked up health benefits of saunas, it's pretty interesting.

Being in a sauna is like exercising your core in terms of health benefits.

Just now, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I really don’t care you’re my man I just want my 5 day post taken off that’s all I ask of you guys

When the ability to do so is restored, Bx and I will discuss it.  In the meantime, please don't attack posters or post wrong model info.  I like you so make me proud.  

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Honestly, we don't have the ability currently to un-5 post people.  

Hi, Rjay. It's been a while. I enjoy reading your posts.

I apologize for my trolling rampage that I committed last winter.

Is there a way for moderators to "un-weenie tag" members (that phrase may sound like rated "R" material, apologies)?

Because of the tag, I am unable to post maps, links, media or links.

You have my promise that I will contribute in a positive form on these boards from now on.

I would appreciate your feedback about this.

2 minutes ago, Hailstorm said:

Hi, Rjay. It's been a while. I enjoy reading your posts.

I apologize for my trolling rampage that I committed last winter.

Is there a way for moderators to "un-weenie tag" members (that phrase may sound like rated "R" material, apologies)?

Because of the tag, I am unable to post maps, links, media or links.

You have my promise that I will contribute in a positive form on these boards from now on.

I would appreciate your feedback about this.

You served your time.  You're forgiven.  I'll get back to you on it as the recent upgrade messed with some things.  

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived