Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weathermedic said:

Don't those types of storms happen occasionally up in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland? Although I don't know about the wind gusts up to 100 mph. Seems like something Mt. Washington might experience.

In that depiction it would happen. Super unlikely that’s one amped member. A major storm somewhere on the east coast looks likely 

Ugh, the amount of social media comments joking about global warming or that it's fake because of a cold couple of weeks is enough to make you scream. 

They're completely ignoring the fact that the rest of the globe is well above normal, that 2017 will be in the top 3 warmest years on record and 2016 was the warmest by a huge margin, that weather & climate are not the same thing, that climate change can disrupt the Jetstream and give us these extreme cold spells or weather events, that we just witnessed one of the warmest falls on record, that Arctic sea ice is near record lows for late December, the list goes on and on.

2 hours ago, Rjay said:

Went to work without a coat today. 

The first day we hit 40 after this cold streak there will be joggers with shorts on the LB boardwalk.;) I was up there on a morning near zero once with joggers just wearing tights and a light jacket. No form of weather is too extreme for the LB Boardwalk crew. There was even a video of someone running out on the boardwalk with the sandy waves splashing over the top.

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The first day we hit 40 after this cold streak there will be joggers with shorts on the LB boardwalk.;) I was up there on a morning near zero once with joggers just wearing tights and a light jacket. No form of weather is too extreme for the LB Boardwalk crew. There was even a video of someone running out on the boardwalk with the sandy waves splashing over the top.

I can't spend more than 5 mins outside without a jacket on if it's in the teens.  

I think I would have been too scared to jog on the boardwalk as the waves were smashing against it.  

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived