Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Single digits when the ball drops. Really good agreement on a snowstorm from all the major models over a week out, which is very rare. 

How it'll actually transpire varies considerably. I see something closer to PD 2 than Jan 96. 

If you had to pick one that you would want to see a repeat of, would it be Jan 96, PD2 or Jan 2016?

5 hours ago, EasternLI said:

Feb 13 I can agree to hate. The area that got smoked on the Island was literally like 1 or 2 miles to my west. :axe:

Why is the area that gets hit like that so narrow?  What would it take to have a storm with that kind of intense snowfall but have that kind of snowfall spread out over a much larger area (let's say 200 miles wide)?

4 hours ago, tim said:

..and lets not forget..NY Rangers vrs. Buffalo Sabres @ Citi Field on new years day..would 

love to see the game played in those conditions..would love it more if the Islanders were playing.:D

Glad to see the Islanders coming back to Nassau County- Aqueduct here we come!

13 minutes ago, Paragon said:

That's right- that was the one where the western part of the south shore did worse than the eastern part.  I remember it was raining or sleeting here while it was still snowing in Massapequa.

The rain/snow line set up near Sunrise Highway and got stuck there so I was ripping while he was raining. 

5 hours ago, EasternLI said:

When the Jan 15 reunion rolls around I hope I'm seated at the New England table. B)

Orient Pt 30"

Islip 24"

One of the few times the snowhole of New England, Groton, did well with 24"

Dont worry we got ours the next year :P (almost the same date, I think?)

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

The rain/snow line set up near Sunrise Highway and got stuck there so I was ripping while he was raining. 

Haha I remember there was this weirdo storm in 2010 (not one of the biggies, we got about 5 inches of a very wet snow) where it was raining at Long Beach and snowing in Valley Stream.  Poor JM, basically the rain/snow line was in Reynolds Channel near the bridge :P

Did you get around 11 inches with the Feb 2014 storm?

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Haha I remember there was this weirdo storm in 2010 (not one of the biggies, we got about 5 inches of a very wet snow) where it was raining at Long Beach and snowing in Valley Stream.  Poor JM, basically the rain/snow line was in Reynolds Channel near the bridge :P

Did you get around 11 inches with the Feb 2014 storm?

I got 12" in the Feb 2014 storm.  

23 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Im just curious where my 60 degree warmth this weekend went. Anyone seen it? :P

23 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

The ‘experts’ say look in mid January 

In the last 72 hrs: 48 hrs of temps in the 30s at KNYC. 1 hour of 50s. 

Weird. 

plenty of time for the 12 / 30 storm lots can happen,,,,,but what about Xmas Eve ? Looks like orange County north is snow,,,,,,does any body South of that get accumulating snow ? Lower Hudson Valley could start AS rain but will it stay as rain ? what about NYC any accumulating snow ? looks like Jersey could be all rain but what do I know Im a novice ,,,lol

edit here as soon as I posted I saw in another thread that someone said that the Euro came out with a more snowy solution for the HV , NY and NJ ,,,,,,hmmmmmmmm

7 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

plenty of time for the 12 / 30 storm lots can happen,,,,,but what about Xmas Eve ? Looks like orange County north is snow,,,,,,does any body South of that get accumulating snow ? Lower Hudson Valley could start AS rain but will it stay as rain ? what about NYC any accumulating snow ? looks like Jersey could be all rain but what do I know Im a novice ,,,lol

Euro shows 2 inches for manhattan and north. More as you get north. Still a White Christmas to me!

14 hours ago, Paragon said:

Why is the area that gets hit like that so narrow?  What would it take to have a storm with that kind of intense snowfall but have that kind of snowfall spread out over a much larger area (let's say 200 miles wide)?

Well, let's gin up a March 93 with a benchmark track and see how that goes :)

22 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Cause 6 days out the “jackpot” is definitely where you want to be, I mean it couldn’t possibly change could it?

Exactly, based on the seasonal trend that’s just where I want to be at this juncture. A March 17 repeat for the coast during the heart of the winter would be a heart breaker

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived