Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

25 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Cause 6 days out the “jackpot” is definitely where you want to be, I mean it couldn’t possibly change could it?

Feb 2007 comes to mind.  We were supposed to get 30" and were barely able to hold onto all frozen (sleet/freezing rain)

Another one is Nemo (Feb 2013) NYC was modeled to get 30+ inches (and the model run was even printed by some newspapers, and 30+ inches did happen, but all the way out in central Suffolk County and central CT.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I'm pretty sure poster CIK is a troll bot. I have been on these boards for over 20 years and have never seen a poster consistently remark on CFS temps or brag about AN as much as CIK.

These guys are as bad as stat huggers in sports, it's basically made baseball completely unwatchable because of the walk,strikeout,homerun philosophy.

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

Feb 2007 comes to mind.  We were supposed to get 30" and were barely able to hold onto all frozen (sleet/freezing rain)

Another one is Nemo (Feb 2013) NYC was modeled to get 30+ inches (and the model run was even printed by some newspapers, and 30+ inches did happen, but all the way out in central Suffolk County and central CT.

It’s impossible to know where the deform band will setup. We have seen some ridiculous ones in the last decade. Feb 06 in the city. Boxing Day in eastern jersey and of course feb 13 in ct and central LI. All produced rates of 4”+ an hour, with feb 13 peaking at 7” an hour in ct

1 hour ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

plenty of time for the 12 / 30 storm lots can happen,,,,,but what about Xmas Eve ? Looks like orange County north is snow,,,,,,does any body South of that get accumulating snow ? Lower Hudson Valley could start AS rain but will it stay as rain ? what about NYC any accumulating snow ? looks like Jersey could be all rain but what do I know Im a novice ,,,lol

edit here as soon as I posted I saw in another thread that someone said that the Euro came out with a more snowy solution for the HV , NY and NJ ,,,,,,hmmmmmmmm

It inched closer to a monster solution which is all that matters at this time range.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:58 PM, CIK62 said:

EURO WEEKLIES are warm to Hot around the start of winter and again for NYD as I pointed out before.    Heights are practically off the scale then at +400M.   C.I.  Polar Bear Club members will not be rolling in the snow as they were on Jan. 01, 2001

Just a hunch...this isn’t going to pan out. 

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s impossible to know where the deform band will setup. We have seen some ridiculous ones in the last decade. Feb 06 in the city. Boxing Day in eastern jersey and of course feb 13 in ct and central LI. All produced rates of 4”+ an hour, with feb 13 peaking at 7” an hour in ct

Yeah I remember we were supposed to be in the jackpot zone for Boxing Day but it ended up in Monmouth County lol

Feb 2006 was a nightmare.  It didn't even feel like it actually snowed here.

We did get ours in Jan 2016 though.

19 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I'll never forget the guy on the weather channel responding the way he did when he saw the color used on the radar for those insane amounts. 

9 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

:snowman:Im not spending any more of my holiday deleting posts. 

good idea - IMO the only time a post should be deleted is if it includes a personal attack against someone or is in other ways offensive - HO HO HO Happy Holidays:grinch::santa:

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived