Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Not sure it's true diamond dust with temps that warm...just squeezing out that last bit of moisture.

That would make sense.  15F seemed a bit warm for that.

But I also couldn't figure out the persistent light snow under sunny blue skies.  Like legitemently no clouds anywhere.  

Though with temps of 5F at 4000ft and 15F at 1500ft the DGZ is at the surface.  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold Thanksgiving for sure.  Patches of snow but largely snow free in town, consistent cover is like a few hundred feet higher.

27F for the High so far off a low of 16F.  If only it would do these same temps as today for the next 90 days.

Probably pull off close to another -10 today.  

Mountain was frigid with 5F up top of the lifts and wind chills well below zero.  Had to go inside every few runs, ha.  What a cold Novie.  Bodes well for the winter.  Of course I'll be hating it in January when it's -30F and Ginxy is snowing at 12F lol.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:00 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s the wild wild west...shoot first, ask questions later.

I won’t deny anyone the “right” to own a gun and shoot animals if it warms their inner being and completes their purpose in life....but the minute you “accidentally” shoot any of my family members, you won’t make it to court to prove your innocence. 

Anyone in possession of a firearm should be held to a higher standard ie, pass vigorous mental, physical, criminal, and common sense checks/tests. If you fok up, pay the consequences. There should not be a “it was an accident” clause. Just like drunk driving. You kill someone (you obviously did not mean to it was an accident) minimum 15 years in prison, no debate. 

Sick of the grey area, sick of the excuses

Agree with all, especially the bold.

Archived