Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

i don't think anyone here was blaming the victim (see my post above).charg es have not been filed in this case, its possible (and likely IMO) that they will be. but the facts need to be determined first. 

and regarding the gun/hunting debate above, someone made a very good point that many species need to be held in check. without regulated hunting, there are animal species (such as deer, bear, etc), that would be completely out of control in urban and suburban areas. Like it or not, but if hunting were not allowed, these animals would need to be controlled in other ways. And i am pretty sure that a large % of people don't want to see how that would happen. 

I’m in no way knocking hunting. It’s necessary on several levels. My basic point is, how do folks mistake humans for deer? Like I said in my previous post... if it’s that unclear what something is, why do people shoot.

” I thought it was...” I don’t think is a valid excuse 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Most don't want an appeal though. Just make it a little less easier to get military style weapons. Sounds like common sense.

No doubt about it. But common sense sadly seems to be in short supply these days. I certainly hope that moderates remain the largest constituent, but they also tend to be relatively quiet and easy to overlook. It's the radical fringes on either side, regardless of the issue, that are usually the most vocal. So many moderates that just want the spirit of accommodation and compromise that our system was built upon get drowned out by the hyperbole coming from both parties, whether its the PC culture run amok or the hyper-nationalism of some conservatives. The dumbbelling of politics in the last decade has been one of our most intractable problems. Thats why I favor a constitutional amendment introducing congressional term limits. Our founding fathers had no conception of a career politician. Back then people went into politics for one or two terms at their own expense and then returned to civilian life. Now we have entrenched politicians who want to be in office for decades, who come to hate the opposition to such a degree that they are unwilling to cross the aisle, and who will do anything to get reelected. They like all their perks, the cars, the townhouses, the travel, the extremely generous benefits. Heck, they get to vote their own salary! They only vote for things if pork spending is included for their home district. Then they can say to their constituents, "See what I got for you! Vote for me and you'll get more!" Instituting a two term limit would do much to ease the tension and lessen the corrupting influences of power. Anyway, rant over. 

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Scott worries more when there is a imminent storm

When he says "no need"  , that means no threats 

I do? :lol:    That's a good point in the second line. No need also means no imminent threats. However, there really is not a need when looking at everything in the long range...at least IMO.

11 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m in no way knocking hunting. It’s necessary on several levels. My basic point is, how do folks mistake humans for deer? Like I said in my previous post... if it’s that unclear what something is, why do people shoot.

” I thought it was...” I don’t think is a valid excuse 

Do you hunt? I do and have for over 40 yrs without incident, These are accidents, And in some instances, It ends up being a stray bullet that ends up in the wrong place without the hunters knowledge, Not saying that was the case in the Maine incident, A bullet can travel well over 500 yds, We hunt in an area that is 103 acres of woods and fields, But no dwellings, It's rugged terrain with a lot of ridges and valleys, I hunt with the same guys I have for years, We layout the game plan of where everyone will be before we leave the truck, So everyone knows where the other person is, Then text to where we will be going during the day.

Archived