Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard
nw baltimore wx

Weekend Zombie Morph Storm Discobs

47 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Was the radar supposed to look like that at this point? Nice split going on now

I think the hrrr showed a split and a very defined cutoff, though the main slug was shown to be a bit more west. Also shows a break for the morning and then steady rain moving in for the evening and overnight just in time for the DC showdown this afternoon. 

2.18 in gauge when emptied at 7am, STILL raining. Front is through here, winds have picked up out of west about 10 mph and temp has fell 5 degrees in last hour, now 45.4 at 7am.

New record for rainfall for date, smashing the old mark of 0.83 from 2015.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Looks like it nailed it lol

It will be much different later this afternoon once the low gets cranking and the deform zone forms.

• Like 1

Everything appears to be going according to plan. I think those of us I95 and west just missed out on about .25 of rain. That's all. Let's this play out. 

Leesburg is back in fine form. lol

.14” per my PWS this am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, peribonca said:

Deep Creek already sitting at 32F. Should be a fun day out there.

Canaan looks fun tonight. Temps in the upper 20s with snow and winds to 40 mph.

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see how this goes right now the suns coming out in my location it’s pushing 70° ....Not looking very frightful at all in fact it looks like practically every other weekend so far. Above normal temps and rain that fails to produce.  Storms that blow up to our NE are often not that exciting.  Let’s see what this does.  

If one goes back through all of the NAM nest runs of the past two days, while the details have moved around, they've consistently shown that the Sunday morning precip would produce a "screw zone" for a decent chunk of DC Metro.     They've also been consistent that the late afternoon period into the overnight will bring a soaker.    Now that we're into HRRR range, nothing has changed.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, high risk said:

If one goes back through all of the NAM nest runs of the past two days, while the details have moved around, they've consistently shown that the Sunday morning precip would produce a "screw zone" for a decent chunk of DC Metro.     They've also been consistent that the late afternoon period into the overnight will bring a soaker.    Now that we're into HRRR range, nothing has changed.

Thanks

There have been some 40-45 dbz returns moving over the last hour. 0.73" in the rain gauge so far.

Might end up with an inch from the southerly flow ahead of the front this morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolz1 said:

0.00 here as well...

Wow, much better luck here not far to your west.  Had some good downpours after midnight, and am up to 0.55" now.  Baro down to 29.58"