• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Weekend Zombie Morph Storm Discobs

nw baltimore wx

I lucked out here in western AA county with the first round. I was surprised to see around .40" in my gauge. I was right on the western edge of that first precip batch. I'd be a mess (but happy) if this was snow lol. Looking forward to the coastal storm later. Might be a good day to break out the special brownie my 72 year old neighbor gave me. She makes the best treats :lol:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

I lucked out here in western AA county with the first round. I was surprised to see around .40" in my gauge. I was right on the western edge of that first precip batch. I'd be a mess (but happy) if this was snow lol. Looking forward to the coastal storm later.

A little less to your ne with .28" at BWI.  It is getting warmer and stickier out as the dp is up to 64.

20 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Interesting.  This is no surprise to me at all.  Our best storms do not take this path regardless of what the models spit out.  The margin for error is slim for storms that blow up to our NE.  Waiting for wrap around?  It doesn’t happen much regardless of snow or rain.  My zone forecast last night had me at a high of 59 with falling temps and rain.  It’s 69 with mostly cloudy skies.  

We generally don't do wrap around well, but the big storms do get it done, and this is somewhat into that category.    There will be still be decent rains around later today into the night, but some of those super soaker Euro runs we had seen are unlikely to verify on the whole (especially over northern VA), although Bob Chill correctly points out that banding will lead to localized winners.

4 minutes ago, high risk said:

We generally don't do wrap around well, but the big storms do get it done, and this is somewhat into that category.    There will be still be decent rains around later today into the night, but some of those super soaker Euro runs we had seen are unlikely to verify on the whole (especially over northern VA), although Bob Chill correctly points out that banding will lead to localized winners.

We usually suck with wraparound stuff for sure but usually it's because the track is offshore so distance from center of circ is much further than today. If a sub 980 into jersey/eastern pa can't get it done then I'll never bite again. Lol. 

I never believed the supersoaker runs. I set my bar at 1.5" and even that might be tough to hit. Most interested in the winds of course. Rain is boring. Trees falling isn't.  

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We usually suck with wraparound stuff for sure but usually it's because the track is offshore so distance from center of circ is much further than today. If a sub 980 into jersey/eastern pa can't get it done then I'll never bite again. Lol. 

I never believed the supersoaker runs. I set my bar at 1.5" and even that might be tough to hit. Most interested in the winds of course. Rain is boring. Trees falling isn't.  

Y'all need to stop all this tree falling talk lol.

IMG_6918.JPG.85b873c3a925e4be356631bc8e63696f.JPG

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We want trees falling in our backyards, not yours :P 

Agree with the other posters--I've punted on a rainfall jackpot but it will be fun to see the deform develop and the winds kick up. I really just want to have some good wind driven rain. 

I can’t stay up late enough to experience it :( 

hiRes NAM still showing several hours of 40kt+ gusts overnight. 

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

We want trees falling in our backyards, not yours :P 

Agree with the other posters--I've punted on a rainfall jackpot but it will be fun to see the deform develop and the winds kick up. I really just want to have some good wind driven rain. 

I have been here 12 years and luckily only once has a big tree fallen near the house. That was during Irene. Trees are mostly oak and I have a well drained soil so they are not shallow rooted.

I think it has been pretty clear for a while the heaviest rains would be NE of our region. I was surprised to get as much as I did this morning. Even so the deform zone should feature widespread moderate rain for several hours, with some embedded heavier stuff. I will probably dry slot here later in the game as the low tracks just to my east and then goes inland north of here.

I had my heart all set on a nice dangerous drive up to MGM this afternoon in steady moderate rain. This was not to be. Only sporadic light showers and occasional drizzle then ending by 8pm tonight.

I love heavy rain on 495 along with trucks putting big water on my windshield while rogue cars speed by at 90 Mph just inches from my car!!!!!! What a rush! Alas, not to be. Now, if I were in New York tomorrow where all the fun will be.

Current radar matching up well to the south with the 15z hrrr. Hrrr isn't picking up on the frontal forcing precip pushing into Moco.

Precip coming up from RIC area should blossom and fill nicely over the next 3 hours or so. Weather looks TERRIBLE for the skins game. lol. Might help them because they've been kinda terrible too. 

13 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That low is really starting to go to town. Down to 998mb per mesoanalysis.

You all have to get into the spirit of the season. Us spirits like to say it's "morphing."

But seriously, this map looks much better for the demise of whatever is left of Philippe compared to last evening.

IMG_0343.PNG.cefaab0a960a91e6ae1864a5ce9094ca.PNG

All of the frontal rainfall has moved north, none left for us. Big surprise there. Pennsylvania, one of the better-known rain hawgs, hogged all of it for just themselves. The Delmarva also hogged heavy rain overnight. Now there is none left for us.

Always remember one thing with storms with lots and lots of moving parts: Complex setups dont work out for us. We get clouds then windex.

Skip the complex moving parts setup, give me a standard slow moving front, a half inch of rain, and I'm happy.

Let me get one thing straight: We are depending on a coastal cyclogenesis for rain chances? In a La Nina autumn? In October?

Back to the beer and the barbecue. We can still party even if its cloudy. 

Rain chance in Dale City: 10 percent.

31 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Yep, I have about the same view, minus the fact that I have zero flat land on the 3.5 acres lol.

I have 6 acres and no hills lol. Around here we have gentle undulations in places. Amazing how much flatter it is down on the lower shore though. That is pancake flat.

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I have 6 acres and no hills lol. Around here we have gentle undulations in places. Amazing how much flatter it is down on the lower shore though. That is pancake flat.

Nothing 'gentle' here. Probably 80-100 foot elevation change on my property.

Just glancing around, it is SUPER nice to see it either snowing or snow on ground on the traffic and resort cams in WV and far SW VA, mostly above 3500 foot and to see

snow listed in the hourly obs on NWS at a couple spots.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived