• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, USCG RS said:
6 minutes ago, friedmators said:
Almost cleared out

Capture.thumb.JPG.111e5175f9cc039f4480ed39731b76c1.JPG

Stadium effect starting to show up on here and sat

Hate to say it, but the core is doing what it has to in order to ramp up again and respond to the pressure falls to get back to Cat 4. That's a mean OEW developing and about to take over.

3 minutes ago, USCG RS said:
13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:
Hate to say it, but the core is doing what it has to in order to ramp up again and respond to the pressure falls to get back to Cat 4. That's a mean OEW developing and about to take over.

You still capping her at high cat 4 for lf?

I have no clue, I guess if I had a gun to my head I'd say it gets back to 145-150mph at some point. It looks to be ramping back up and the pressure drops will have to matter if the new eyewall takes over. But there's 88-90F water for a while coming up and it could really go to town. We'll see. 

I have a question, and I'm sorry if this is really dumb.

I realize there's a double wind max, and this inner and outer eye wall going on -- but, what stops first wind max from reaching 140-145, and containing itself inside the other outer wind max? No need to ELI5, I've been researching and reading every single post about hurricanes that I could possibly find for the last 12 years, but, that is something that I truly do not understand. I'd really love for someone to explain, if they could. 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived