• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MiaY2k
    Newest Member
    MiaY2k

March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

I see that you have just joined so I will throw some friendly advice your way. Many on here don't take kindly when those outside their region come in with observations of how well they are doing especially when many of them are getting semi-screwed. Now if everyone was enjoying in on the fun it would probably be a different story but in this case many will see this as nothing more then gloating. So you may want to refrain from posting your obs or at least tone them down quite a bit. 

I actually live on the md line just went up to stay at parents just for this event lol but sorry bout that it is noted!

1 minute ago, Wxhoov said:

I actually live on the md line just went up to stay at parents just for this event lol but sorry bout that it is noted!

No worries. Just trying to save you some headaches that others from PA have gone through. :)

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just flipped from 32 and heavy rain to 33 and heavy rain.

Mix has made it up to even me. Last hour we have seen sleet mixing in, on and off.

993MB  Wallops Island.  Man thats an odd looking radar.  Got stuff from the NW colliding with stuff from the SE.

Just got out of bed, heavy sleet. Not even sure I have 3-4" of snow out there. My kid is gonna be pissed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. Just trying to save you some headaches that others from PA have gone through. 

He's fine.

35 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

0z GFS looks great for day 10!  Seriously....:ph34r:

I know you're kidding, but if we can't get snow with a big airmass and bomb on March 14th, doing it 10 days later doesn't seem too realistic...This was our chance. 

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

Just got out of bed, heavy sleet. Not even sure I have 3-4" of snow out there. My kid is gonna be pissed

:( 

Just woke up after about 5 hours of sleep - looks like it stayed mostly sleet here. About 3" so at least an inch of sleet since the changeover with some glaze so the snow pack should have some staying power. Temp topped out at 32.2 around 5am and has been dropping since, now 30.7. 

Edit for location: about 2.5 mi north of 495 in Silver Spring/Wheaton.

Just got back inside from what was about an hour long jebwalk. 

The sleet is certainly impressive. I went back and forth from sleet to PLZR to sleet. Most I measured was 2.8", which is almost certainly compacted. 

Disappointing, but I was never fully on board with this event and it's not over yet. Radar looking good right now over the city and mby. Hopefully there is a changeover. 

Still at 31/31

Getting hammered right now.Heavy snow.  Havent measured yet. But i have well over 7 inches for sure. Going by objects buried in the yard. I am still hoping to hit a foot. It is going to be close.