Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March med-long range disco thread 2

WxUSAF

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We haven't been able to eat cheerios for 100 straight days. Just keeping that streak intact...

I'm just pre-emptively striking crazy talk of past monsters unless the setup significantly changes. On a high note for you...right now the odds of you being in the jack is higher than us MD folks. 

Having fun with it...this winter has stunk up the joint...humor is all I got. Fingers crossed we get some love Sunday 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We haven't been able to eat cheerios for 100 straight days. Just keeping that streak intact...

I'm just pre-emptively striking crazy talk of past monsters unless the setup significantly changes. On a high note for you...right now the odds of you being in the jack is higher than us MD folks. 

Your efforts to subliminally attempt to wipe out of everyone's mind the Euro run that dropped 30"-45" on us will not work.  And just in case it may be working on some, take this!

imageproxy.png

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Jan 30th 2010 cutoff was nasty for sure:

MODIS visible satellite image showing snow cover - click to enlarge

I drove to CHS two days after this storm and there was white on the ground well into South Carolina... had never seen anything like it

2 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Came out at 6:30 yesterday..not sure what the deal is....good timing for this week...SV should have the Euro Ens at 2pm starting tomorrow

Yeah, seems delayed considering 6z came out like 12 hours ago too.  I'm glad DST doesn't start til Sunday morning if I decide to stay up late for the Euro this week.

56 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The vast majority of that snow fell between 5pm and about 3pm the next day from my memory though. So during that time there had to be some crazy rates to get that much. I'm not saying 83 wasn't better. 

Yeah, it's probably splitting hairs.  But MBY didn't quite get those insane rates and totals last year (I "only" measured 28"), and 'me' not seeing those '83 conditions again (5"/hr rates, thunder-snow, 13F high) was the jist of my point.  

I thought this was an interesting fact from the Wx discussion in the long term guidance from Sterling.

"Of note, this past winter (December-February) ranked as the 3rd
warmest on record in the Washington DC area. The two warmer
winters (1931-32 and 1889-90) both had March snowfalls (4.0"
March 6-7 1932 and 3.0" on March 31 1890), so accumulating
snowfall is not uncommon in March even following an otherwise
very mild winter."

2 minutes ago, PCT_ATC said:

I thought this was an interesting fact from the Wx discussion in the long term guidance from Sterling.

"Of note, this past winter (December-February) ranked as the 3rd
warmest on record in the Washington DC area. The two warmer
winters (1931-32 and 1889-90) both had March snowfalls (4.0"
March 6-7 1932 and 3.0" on March 31 1890), so accumulating
snowfall is not uncommon in March even following an otherwise
very mild winter."

:wub:

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived