joxey
March med-long range disco thread 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kleimax said:

North trend starts tomorrow 

sure.  not sure what would bring it north though. weak vort and strong confluence = sadness.   and the most bitter irony of all is that we are not worried about temps...in March..someone up above really hates us. 

As far as the sunday deal goes, run over run trends of weaking the system are undeniable but that's really the only thing that is keeping us out of the game and it could change. We're still 48 hours from models having a pretty good handle on the strength so no sense giving up until thurs-fri. 

5 days.

Go back and look at the changes we've seen over the past 5 days.

Now think about the changes we will see over the next 3.

Remember when the Friday clipper was south enough to give us snow?  Where is it now?  Where will it be in another 24?

Should I post maps?

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That was a pretty big change @ h5 for tues-wed. Ensembles might be onto something there. I hate having to look beyond 2 freekin potential events to get there but the 3rd event has as much upside as anything else right now. 

The end of the storm's storm is the real deal. :-)   You have others backing you up on this one . Please let this be the one and end the season on a positive note .

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

As far as the sunday deal goes, run over run trends of weaking the system are undeniable but that's really the only thing that is keeping us out of the game and it could change. We're still 48 hours from models having a pretty good handle on the strength so no sense giving up until thurs-fri. 

Isn't this traditionally the part of the movie where the Euro totally reverses course, amps the storm and reels us back in?

Just now, B-Paq said:

Isn't this traditionally the part of the movie where the Euro totally reverses course, amps the storm and reels us back in?

no..we are still in the part where the Euro rolls up in a BMW with a license plate that says "WHT STRM"

1 minute ago, B-Paq said:

According to the Canadian, it's the part of the movie where the storm is so suppressed, and so slow, it catches the southern stream and becomes a Miller A...

That's a movie I'd watch!  Unfortunate the studio backing it is a low-budget Canadian indy renowned for its B-movies only...

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That was a pretty big change @ h5 for tues-wed. Ensembles might be onto something there. I hate having to look beyond 2 freekin potential events to get there but the 3rd event has as much upside as anything else right now. 

Was kind of looking at that as well. Kind of expect to see the changes there continue as the models resolve the Sunday deal.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm now rooting for the trailing wave to dig for oil too and phase into a monster bomb. LOL

I mean, March '93 was one of the analogs on the chart someone posted yesterday...  Not a very likely one, though...

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived