begin with so that enhances the chance for a farther southward
track. Therefore...it appears that there is a slightly higher
chance for significant precipitation amounts to remain to our
south but confidence remains very low at this time. Keep in mind
that the systems that potentially would be impacting the area
are way out in the Pacific Ocean. Guidance should get a better
handling over the next few days as they approach the western
CONUS. Will continue to mention the threat for accumulating snow
this weekend in the Hazardous Weather Outlook.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Nobody likes the euro. Not DT. Not our SE folks. Nobody. It's a pansy ass weak little disturbance now. 

recall how it crushed that clipper around 7-10 days ago that was originally giving NE a mod event

the models have all done terribly in the medium and long ranges this year

problem with the euro for Tuesday is its weak with the southern system behind also so the northern stream looks to be dominant, so it might have trouble amplifying something under us.  Euro looks like a lose lose right now.  But it is trending the same way as the others just not as fast as the GGEM and UKMET it seems. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

problem with the euro for Tuesday is its weak with the southern system behind also so the northern stream looks to be dominant, so it might have trouble amplifying something under us.  Euro looks like a lose lose right now.  But it is trending the same way as the others just not as fast as the GGEM and UKMET it seems. 

The problem across the board is everything is weak as hell from the get go. We could collectively sneeze and cause more vorticity in the atmosphere than what the euro just showed. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The problem across the board is everything is weak as hell from the get go. We could collectively sneeze and cause more vorticity in the atmosphere than what the euro just showed. 

clearly the GGEM is handling this pattern the best right now. It never ever liked the sunday event and its had the coastal for a few days now....

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Have to hope something comes in stronger. But that's been a way we failed at times. Get a decent pattern then suddenly the wave train goes dead and everything shears out. 

and yet before we had a PV to play with, we saw 980 L's cuttin through the midwest like poop through a goose....all winter long, and now this.

SMH

Nut

Perhaps coordinate all our fans in a counter-clockwise arrangement and hit the "high" buttons all at the same time.  I don't that's ever been tried on a large scale.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

An awful lot of certainty in the mood here for a system that is 5 days out.

I'm sure nothing will change.

True. The "Sunday Storm" still has time to turn from a low pressure into a high pressure system and find its way to Cuba or South America.

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Have to hope something comes in stronger. But that's been a way we failed at times. Get a decent pattern then suddenly the wave train goes dead and everything shears out. 

Thats pretty much it. With the h5 look we have from Sun to about mid next week, something should pop. If everything comes in weak and dampens to nothing and we waste this period, I am going to lose interest really quick. I still have a feeling the models have not offered up the final outcome though.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

After looking at the euro I'm still having a hard time deciding if I like the Sunday or Tuesday storm

What Sunday storm?  The gfs is the only guidance that even has a storm and it's trending towards nothing too. I think Tuesday might be the only option. 

1 minute ago, ers-wxman1 said:

All of the above. Sorry to say. Pattern hasn't worked all year.

I'm not happy with the developments either but we should hold on to see what happens next week. It's often as the pattern relaxes something comes about for us not as it's setting in. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived