Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Man that Northfield cocorahs guy (girl?) is a weenie. 11.2"? Yeah right. The 8.0" from Tilt-North is more on the mark...especially if not clearing until obs time.

Depth must be pushing 30" now despite nothing close to a jackpot this season. We just can't get anything to melt. We haven't been able to get a warm rainer. I'm starting to get claustrophobic around the coop.

IMG_9347.JPG

Pretty epic up there. Congrats!

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Man that Northfield cocorahs guy (girl?) is a weenie. 11.2"? Yeah right. The 8.0" from Tilt-North is more on the mark...especially if not clearing until obs time.

Depth must be pushing 30" now despite nothing close to a jackpot this season. We just can't get anything to melt. We haven't been able to get a warm rainer. I'm starting to get claustrophobic around the coop.

IMG_9347.JPG

Might have to make tiny orange vests for the leghorns to wear.  They must blend in pretty well.

People will carry away with their perceptions on matters no matter what points of logic are available..

However, NWS most certainly did not FAIL this system. That's asinine.

Not in the general public interests/eyes ...and no, the regular zealous bastion of psychotic snow-codependency that comprises the user-ship of this forum ...doesn't describe the 'general public.'

We have 5 to 14" or so inches pan-SNE, which is on the low side, it may not be...  but all of which was/is impacting to society, enough, period.  End of ranking ... 

I suppose we could say NWS failed in deference to a completely unfair criteria of evaluation that is quite endemic just to said pool of individuals ...but that's fantasy at that point. 

Think we ended up with 14 to 16 east of LEW, went to work even though the office was closed and roads are fine. Sun was just shining in my office window in Auburn.

Back up home near 3B1 (Greenville, Maine) family was reporting 14 inches and still pouring snow at 8:30am. Radar looks like a Dryslot over Dryslot!

Derp.jpg

8 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Yeah It almost doesn't matter if snow amounts were less- in the end it looks pretty similar. Very impressive snow pack right now. Still way below 2013 though (which was over 40").

I assume you mean 2015. Had a 44" pack that year. I think I only maxed out at about 30" in 2013 after the firehouse storm. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We might have more liquid equivalent from this storm than Thursday's event even though we got about 5-6" less. 

This is is some real meat in the pack now. The piles and banks look really impressive now. Looks like we just got 12-14" dumped. 

It even looks that way here. 6.3 new.

Archived