Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OceanStWx said:

Well it certainly is pounding here at GYX.

But just east of here looking like the sweet spot at this hour. Westerly propagating echoes are slamming into the developing deformation band, and should pump out some of the best snow of the event so far.

I was looking at that on RAD...awesome.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks right on the beaches to me....this kept ticking more progressive right up to go-time-

It's funny that none of our ASOSs are reporting less than 1/2SM right now, but I can tell you that's some heavy, heavy out there. I could barely keep the road on my drive in.

13 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm wondering too. Just woke back up and I'm worried that the death band will stay right off shore. Still rocking here though despite what the radar might be saying. 

For far SW ME I think that's the case, but just east of here (GYX) should catch the best banding.

36 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Cold cloud tops really expanding over Maine now. 

All our classic conveyor belts showing up on IR now. Warm (red), dry (brown), and the CCB (blue) really getting going in the last couple of hours as the upper low dives into the mix.

IR.png

How much longer does PWM stay in the moderate snow?  Seems like we're evretso close to the west edge

Archived