joxey
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

She gone. Dig out the summer attire and Nair up the Speedo line

What's weird is nothing has really changed since yesterday at 12z. Why are you so sure of the outcome? You have a slightly uglier GEFS and probably a slightly better EPS 

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What's weird is nothing has really changed since yesterday at 12z. Why are you so sure of the outcome? You have a slightly uglier GEFS and probably a slightly better EPS 

It just looks too iffy. I hope it's right but with the atmosphere just not wanting to have any blocking over the last five years,, you'd have to lean against it. 

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It just looks too iffy. I hope it's right but with the atmosphere just not wanting to have any blocking over the last five years,, you'd have to lean against it. 

I agree with you but you'd have to think eventually something has to give and blocking will return eventually. Whether it's now or next year...or the year after haha

I kinda like the torch idea actually. I know I'm going against the grain here but this up down, in out winter has made me indifferent now. I'll finish above normal snowfall but it was in pockets sandwiched between all out melt offs. Not the most satisfying winter but it is what it is. Lets get some warmth. I'm ready to install. 

4 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I kinda like the torch idea actually. I know I'm going against the grain here but this up down, in out winter has made me indifferent now. I'll finish above normal snowfall but it was in pockets sandwiched between all out melt offs. Not the most satisfying winter but it is what it is. Lets get some warmth. I'm ready to install. 

Lol. We don't install in SNE until like Memorial Day. Is it usually 4th of July in Nova Scotia? 

It's all just part of the on-going ruse ...  

We're lab-rats to the weather gods, as they tweak this or that conceit of technology ...then, set back and take notes on how those that are deeply affected by this stuff, react.  

I wouldn't think folks should be sold on anything since yesterday. It all looks like the same vagarious sh!t.  Two ..three, seven cycles from now we could be looking at a sprawling ridge with truly GW chin scratching by the unwitting public, all with about equal probability for some diametrically opposing characteristic ..that somehow seems poetically rich, steeped in irony like a mild 1888 winter that ends in deathly cryospheric horror.  

We said just said yesterday, in no uncertain terms, that it would take a few days to amass confidence in any new found reasons to be hopeful (as winter enthusiasts). 

I suppose to be fair ...for the spring enthusiasts/warm weather zealots (what? there's 1 or 2 that use the forum :) ) ...the same goes as clad advice. 

In terms of druthers?  Ooh, I dread the limbo-sim pattern that won't commit to either.  It's bad enough we're doomed to be screwed in April (regardless of any person's personal taste) ...

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea, the GFS OP didn't do a 180....it just wasn't as extreme...no surprise.

Didn't look it ens.

Archived