Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Doesn't meant that it has to produce, but my analog set flagged March for NAO....let's see what happens.

Yup, we remember. Honestly though, I am on a big emotional roller coaster ride since the feb heat wave. One foot in spring shining my clubs while the other straddles winter with lube on standby. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But the Euro/EPS hasn't been very good either in the long range...so I guess the bottom line is, it's clown range and probably the GEFS/GFS is hitting the pipe hard.

Just my opinion, but to be quite honest, if the Euro/EPS showed the same thing, I don't think I'd trust it anymore than the GFS/GEFS at this stage.  

My guess is the op is on crack and there may be some compromise, but I'll sell that block for now.

Smacks of spring, really ... the flip flopping in signals, both native to operational runs and in their larger ensemble means.  Let's see... the ground is softening/muddy.  We're getting days of warmth... Sun's climbing in angle.  Cold patterns keep getting muted... And the GFS is trying to throw people hope  - 

yeeah.  Sounds like spring to me.

Anyway, the tele's from the CDC (GEF) are only modestly supportive of the GFS beedie eyed zealotry - 

I trust a five year old with daddy's loaded Beretta before I'd trust these guidance.  It's been a particularly awful go of it as of late - probably owing to the high speed/gradient saturated characteristic of the flow.  Those are notoriously bad for the models, and this year... we've got a surplus of that anomaly going on the atmosphere. 

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cold and dry in March, sweet combo. 

Ya know...it's almost better than muddy ground?    ...least it'll lock it down some.. 

But it's fleeting... well, if one believes the Euro.  Seems what we're really in is a wildly oscillatory pattern... 2.5 days of biting cold, and then Kevin's napes get kissed... rinse and repeat.  

I cannot help but suspect that the instant the cold seasonal faucet shuts off, ...boinnng... that irrepressible southern height thing expands hugely and engulfs the whole continent beneath the 40th parallel with a truly warm spring.  

Admittedly...that's just the imagination talking. But that vision is based upon at least some logic, in that...what's to stop it?  In a way, these last two warm ups, and the next two on the Euro later next week and beyond, are all in the least symbolic of that happening, and the lock-step expansion of warming the instant any cold at all relaxes.  

interesting.

51 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

sober up?

ha, good one. The funny part is i dont do the drugs but it's funny how my online persona is portrayed as such. I am pro choice (drugs) though, except for opiates...those should be banned just like our illegal immigrants. They take $5hr cash jobs away from white america and opiates take souls away. 

Back on track, if the block verifies it better produce. Last thing we need is persistant ridging just in time for frisbee season. But a mid march slow moving snowstorm would be worth the potential slow start to spring.

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think it's 100% wrong. We haven't had blocking in years. It's not gonna start now

If anything, that fact implies a greater chance because at some point, the seas will part and the NAO will drop.

Persistence forecasting is a fools errand on both ends of the spectrum.

4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just when I was all burnt out about to nap until Novie, the gfs op rolls a fattie of white widow and DIT jumps out of back seat of his waxed truck with the lighter. What to do now.....?

Euro wants nothing to do with it though...big red flag...

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

which part, grilled chk salad or sticking it into winter?

Winter part....he knows his stuff, though, so we'll see.

I could easily see us being done for the year, but can't help feeling one more siggy...def. agree with him that latitude will help, but any NAO may benefit lower lats.

Archived