Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, not here....but I think your comment about next year's pending nino becoming strong is a bit "strongly" worded....I mean, I see no reason to think that. Yes, R 1.2 leading the way often portends stronger events, but is very premature to be reading too much into that...the region is so malleable.

Well I said potent to avoid strong...lol. I would say moderate could be seen as potent.  I also said it's very early...but some signs IMO point to things getting off nicely. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think (personally) blocking is going to help this geriatric winter to be blunt. If the NAO tanks and loads a deep cyclone into western Ontario underneath some west-based block, I don't necessarily see the heights in the deep south/SE as conveniently not offering resistance. It will just mean one helluva a compressed flow and you think the velocities have averaged fast? - wait 'till we drill in a -3 SD, 500 mb anomaly along the 40th parallel.  

It's why I really think it's over.  I do because those broader canvas issues are not going anywhere because they appear global in scale (hemispheric) as shown but what Scott and I were just talking about/products..etc.  

Impossible?  no.   Less likely, yes.  I think if this winter manages to produce down the stretch here, it's going to have to be a 'get lucky' deal. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't think (personally) blocking is going to help this geriatric winter to be blunt. If the NAO tanks and loads a deep cyclone into western Ontario underneath some west-based block, I don't necessarily see the heights in the deep south/SE as conveniently not offering resistance. It will just mean one helluva a compressed flow and you think the velocities have averaged fast? - wait 'till we drill in a -3 SD, 500 mb anomaly along the 40th parallel.  

It's why I really think it's over.  I do because those broader canvas issues are not going anywhere because they appear global in scale (hemispheric) as shown but what Scott and I were just talking about/products..etc.  

Impossible?  no.   Less likely, yes.  I think if this winter manages to produce down the stretch here, it's going to have to be a 'get lucky' deal. 

That's fair...

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Here or from offices? 

Head scratching, ... the climatology for ENSO would favor not returning directly into a warm state - that's what I've read. Maybe that's changed.

I just looked at early guidance...and speculated warm neutral or weak nino....Scott is hedging stronger....or "potent"...lol

Yes but ...is that just the mean mimicking the operational again  - 

heh, who cares: go with it -

I really don't want to deal with the next two weeks if it's just glancing cold that's only deep enough to make outside utterly useless to anyone. 

But ... we have our dreams. 

Archived