joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah now THAT is what I was looking for at 12z today... a shift southwest H5 closing (now just off Cape vs. off NE MA coast), in SLP development... and Boston now gets into decent commahead snows Monday!

Warning level snows Monday

Euro gives the much-needed approval on all the positive trends at 0z tonight

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You were right, Steve.

We still have to make sure this doesn't try to jump east at the last moment, as these sometimes do.

Despite this run, I'm still out in the runway like Bruce Willis....

I'm def feeling a bit more optimistic for the big Monday CCB, but am not counting on it yet. There's a lot of stuff that has to happen with the narrow window we're trying to squeeze this H5 low under.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

How's 925 look? I assume the brunt of it looks pasty for most.

It looks like only the very immediate coast may have some issues...and southern areas of SNE for a time during the WAA stage on Sunday afternoon/evening...before everything crashes hard as it bombs near Cape.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Despite this run, I'm still out in the runway like Bruce Willis....

I'm def feeling a bit more optimistic for the big Monday CCB, but am not counting on it yet. There's a lot of stuff that has to happen with the narrow window we're trying to squeeze this H5 low under.

Yeah I certainly would need all the models hedge this way. It only takes a polar bear to fart near Hudson Bay to change this look at H5.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It looks like only the very immediate coast may have some issues...and southern areas of SNE for a time during the WAA stage on Sunday afternoon/evening...before everything crashes hard as it bombs near Cape.

Yeah just inland like mby could stay all snow.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You were right, Steve.

We still have to make sure this doesn't try to jump east at the last moment, as these sometimes do.

Can happen but to me it was looking at the crashing heights which should place the commahead closer to you as the 5H consolidates. I almost feel like the models still move it out too fast, a delay of 4 hrs brings this into epic levels from you through most of Maine . Would not surprise me either if 3 to 4 hours are pure ULL 20 to 1 ratio stuff. I mean in my mind 24 to 30 inches in Maine might be pretty common. Wouldn't surprise me if NE Mass hits 15 to 20 either.

Archived