Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Actually, my outlook looks really good, with the exception of messing up the timing, as I mixed up January and February.

I jumped on the train for that last event on Saturday.

I know man, I'm busting your chops. You know your stuff but you can also get down emotionally quickly when everything is not perfect. Perfectionist, I get it. Thats how I roll with my work but I just can't with snow, because perfect systems are so rare I'd be in straight jacket in a padded white room being fed pills 4 times a day before I can sniff the next perfect system. I've had 3 in 31years in the states but 1 in Poland when I was 3, which I somewhat remember oddly enough. 

Anyway, that's my late night ramble... not drunk.

Ukie looks nuts from NEMA onwards. Wish I lived there. 

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

GEM looked synoptically very similar to the UKMET?  

I think he meant 12z runs...he was quoting my post about how they looked worse at 12z...Ukie was still pretty good at 12z (but not as good as 00z and GGEM wasn't very good)

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know man, I'm busting your chops. You know your stuff but you can also get down emotionally quickly when everything is not perfect. Perfectionist, I get it. Thats how I roll with my work but I just can't with snow, because perfect systems are so rare I'd be in straight jacket in a padded white room being fed pills 4 times a day before I can sniff the next perfect system. I've had 3 in 31years in the states but 1 in Poland when I was 3, which I somewhat remember oddly enough. 

Anyway, that's my late night ramble... not drunk.

Ukie looks nuts from NEMA onwards. Wish I lived there. 

Yes, very true....I can be board-bipolar.

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

GEM was a big improvement over most of SNE over the 12z.  It is trending in the right direction and that is what counts.

We really need the Euro to make a jump for the idea to gain some legs. Ukie and GGEM kind of on their own isn't a bus I'm hopping on.

5 minutes ago, Hazey said:

It's a touch south and east vs ggem. I know it's moot at this point but the ggem gives you a good storm while Ukie is more of a scrapper.

Do u have precip data for the Ukie?  It's hard to tell if the UK would be a good storm here.  The GGEM is.  We don't want the low real close, it's occluded out here. 

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

RGEM also seemed better than 18z as far as it goes out.

Yeah RGEM was fine for Sunday...it is hard to tell how it would evolve 12 hours later. It does very Ukie and GGEM-esque at 48h...but the deepening of the 5H low is so rapid that even small nuances make a decent difference.

We'll see what the Euro does. This is the type of system I feel like the Euro can excel at...the nuances.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We really need the Euro to make a jump for the idea to gain some legs. Ukie and GGEM kind of on their own isn't a bus I'm hopping on.

The ukie is not the drop your pants head cheerleader everyone talks about, but she can be a confidence builder compared to the psychopathic cmc. 

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Nice snow going on toinight albeit a bit OT.   I took a dixie at the top of my driveway-some sun melting refrozen I guess but it kind of energized both the dog and I and we had a nice walk.  I bet Sunday night is a slammer for a lot of us.

Mood flakes to prepare us for better things ahead.

Archived