Toothache
Jan 31/Feb 1 Clipper

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

People need to enjoy this one ..with the bad turn of events afterwards 

I agree we should definitely Enjoy this event.

But didn't you just say an hour ago, that you're glad about the wintry event today, and pattern upcoming the next couple weeks???  Now  you change that comment in an hour to "The bad turn of events afterwards?"  I get that you're fishing for info from the METS here(and that's all fine), but why do you have a group of posts that tout the wintry upcoming couple weeks, and then not even an hour later, change you're whole tune to something completely opposite.    

I get that is how you insight the METS like Scott and Will to comment on your posts, and provide info on what it is your wondering about.  But wouldn't it be easier just to ask, "What happened to the promising pattern the first couple weeks of Feb,"  instead of always using the Psycho babel of trying to convince yourself we have a wintry pattern upcoming?  

And I'm truly not trying to be mean spirited here, just wondering why you always seem like you are trying to convince yourself of something else????

Anyway, I wouldn't get to worried about things 5 or 6 days in advance this year...things seem to change daily.  The post Superbowl potential is pretty much gone...so who knows what literally lies beyond that???  A cutter??  A coastal??  Nothing???   To far out to say with any type of certainty in this season.  

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

TTs on the NAM low 40s tomorrow and still lack a good trigger. Other than SHSN...I don't see a line of squalls.

Windex parameters in WCT and the Berks look pretty good for a quick  squall, Boston nah, also TT's in the 51 range  tonight with some great lift now showing up nea Kev BDL ORH might be enough for a rumble or two. Looking very convective in spots.

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

In the midst of a big time ratter.

This seems like it could be go that route..but after today most places will be at or AN snowfall. Now if it is the last or one of the last systems of the season like some are saying..then we back to back rat. I'm not willing to go there. Not yet anyway 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

On life support

This year seems very tough for modeling to hang on to Any System for any length of time.   This Clipper was on Life Support for quite a while as well, and looked like mostly Zilch for many runs 3 or 4 days back.  If I can pick up 3-4 inches with this, that's a success this winter. 

I myself wouldn't be very confident in anything out past 3 or 4 days this season...let alone 6 or 7 days.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This seems like it could be go that route..but after today most places will be at or AN snowfall. Now if it is the last or one of the last systems of the season like some are saying..then we back to back rat. I'm not willing to go there. Not yet anyway 

Who's saying that this could be the last system of the season??  Or one of the last??

I didn't see anybody here saying that.  Unless I missed that.  I mean it's January 31st not March 31st.

The precip distribution for this storm looks so similar to most storms this year.  It's amazing the consistency.....Hudson Valley and Champlain Valley screw jobs.... can't buy a storm with a north wind which favors our area.  Last warning criteria snow 2/9/15 here.  At 17.4" this year ......normal 34.2".  Expecting about 1-1.5" here in valley and 2-3" in the hills.  Sleet coverage is spotty, so probably won't be able to xc ski on this one.  1 day of xc skiing last year (locally) and none this year.....yet.  Oh well.....saving lots of money on snow removal.  Went with per push last year and this!

Archived