Newest Member
    joxey
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

OceanSt is gonna have a meltdown at their snowmap.

Of course I had to look Scott....

To my pleasant surprise, I am just barely, perhaps by 1/10 of a mile, in the 6" pretty yellow color, whilst Brian is in the 5" nastly purply blue color.  Life is good.

Of course the issue up here seems (with the exception of the nam) to be less about precip type and more about the amount of qpf.  If we get an 1"+ of qpf, I think we exceed 6" of snow.  The zones change every 6 hours and in the past 18 hours we have been everywhere from 1-3 to 4-10.  last time I looked it was 4-10 and we were kept in the Watch.

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Of course I had to look Scott....

To my pleasant surprise, I am just barely, perhaps by 1/10 of a mile, in the 6" pretty yellow color, whilst Brian is in the 5" nastly purply blue color.  Life is good.

Of course the issue up here seems (with the exception of the nam) to be less about precip type and more about the amount of qpf.  If we get an 1"+ of qpf, I think we exceed 6" of snow.  The zones change every 6 hours and in the past 18 hours we have been everywhere from 1-3 to 4-10.  last time I looked it was 4-10 and we were kept in the Watch.

I meant more for srn NH. 

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Dews are really low--even to the coast. PSM 32/23. DAW 30/20. 

Overcast with Wind gusting to 20 mph out of NE away from the coast. We saw our highs for the day at midnight. Temps should remain constant or slowly drop throughout the day.

Whats your take on the lower preceip ion Merrimack County down towards Nashua and over toward the Lake?  It has shown up in a lot of guidance.  My hope is the east trend perhaps swings the deformation towards us.

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Dews are really low--even to the coast. PSM 32/23. DAW 30/20. 

Overcast with Wind gusting to 20 mph out of NE away from the coast. We saw our highs for the day at midnight. Temps should remain constant or slowly drop throughout the day.

Low 20s right down to MHT now. Given the wind trajectory, unless the CF wobbles inland ill take the under on the modeled sfc temps 

Drove from Greenfield to Charlemont this morning.  (For those unfamiliar I basically went from I-91 to the NE slope of the Berkshires along and N of Rt 2)

Pretty bright cloud deck here with no precipitation along the entire ride.  Temperatures vary between 29° - 34°.   There was a very sharp cut off from last nights precipitation being frozen or wet.   In the hill towns I could literally go a quarter mile distance and go from .5"-1" of sleet/snow accumulation to just wet roads.  Cars coming down Rt 112 from Jacksonville VT area were caked with 1-2" of snow. Just a coating up in MPM's hood.  The decent frozen precip overnight seemed to be above 1200"-1500". 

We will see what tonight brings out here.  Hills will obviously do better than Greenfield. I'm guessing brief pasting and then mostly sleet to rain here or just cold rain if the lift sucks.  

Archived