joxey
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

-3 at 00z, -1 at 6z and 0 at 12z.

You should rip aggregates at least through 06z of you have heavy precip...as long as the mid level warm nose stays below 0c which I think it narrowly does on this run.

I'll def be following the cold air drain tomorrow during the day on mesoanalysis. I won't be surprised if models aren't aggressive enough with it given the high position. It's a great angle for us coming right down the CP of Maine east of the mountains. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You should rip aggregates at least through 06z of you have heavy precip...as long as the mid level warm nose stays below 0c which I think it narrowly does on this run.

I'll def be following the cold air drain tomorrow during the day on mesoanalysis. I won't be surprised if models aren't aggressive enough with it given the high position. It's a great angle for us coming right down the CP of Maine east of the mountains. 

Do you think this has a chance of being a colder solution then the models are depicting?

Me and my clients are getting frustrated with these borderline storms.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea, I know.....I just don't like depending on that if the progged 2m temp is 36*, but I am beginning to lean plowable from my pad points nw....provided guidance doesn't warm tmw.

35.4/34

Cooling off faster again-

7 minutes ago, WhiteLawns said:

Do you think this has a chance of being a colder solution then the models are depicting?

Me and my clients are getting frustrated with these borderline storms.

Yeah it could end up colder than progged. Synoptically this is the type of setup that it happens in most frequently. I would watch very closely tomorrow at the real time data vs model progs. 

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I know.....I just don't like depending on that if the progged 2m temp is 36* but I am beginning to lean plowable from my pad points nw....provided guidance doesn't warm tmw.

35.4/34

Cooling off faster again-

That 2m temp might be trash though. We'll see. I feel like there will be a CF but you'll prob be west of it tomorrow evening. It may eventually push west but during the heavy stuff at least for several hours id expect it to be east of you. So while the model has like 36 there and 38 over Newburyport, it might be more like 33 there and 40 in eastern Essex county...it honestly wouldn't shock me either if you were like 31. Tracking those dew points will be big...id want to keep seeing those low 20s and upper teen funneling down the Maine coast. 

Hey all...have been lurking lately, enjoy the discussion, but just wanted to chime in...IMBY we've had a light mix of snow/rain for the past couple of hours, pretty much straight snow right now. 33.5ºF/31ºF.  RPM (going back to Saturday) and even 4k NAM/HRRR in the near-term had a decent signal for some low-level moisture and it's definitely working out, at least here in the Merrimack Valley.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not a surprise. It's OES actually. Have mixed precip here too. The low levels were modeled cold enough.

It is a surprise  to me..and yesterday I remember you said to me it wasn't for my area

I certainly didn't think I'd be at freezing and snowing this morning. 

Just hopeful that it's good omen for more frozen 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It is a surprise  to me..and yesterday I remember you said to me it wasn't for my area

I certainly didn't think I'd be at freezing and snowing this morning. 

Just hopeful that it's good omen for more frozen 

It's just stuff flying off the ocean. It's not big deal.

34.3 here.

I'd say this stuff is a little more widespread. It's cold enough for it to be snow at times even here at home as I et ready. But inland and elevation it's progged to be rather chilly. As the 850 and below cools, the delta T increases from water to air so this is what you have. Later on we may see this transition to a more coastal front setup over NE MA into ORH county. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'd say this stuff is a little more widespread. It's cold enough for it to be snow at times even here at home as I et ready. But inland and elevation it's progged to be rather chilly. As the 850 and below cools, the delta T increases from water to air so this is what you have. Later on we may see this transition to a more coastal front setup over NE MA into ORH county. 

Mesos still enhance things a bit by midday near the CF

Archived