Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything white here 

Its very difficult to get on board snow later tonite with meso's torching 850's (and above?) by 8pm (BTV WRF and Nam) just wont snow. I would love to see them trend colder but they don't look that close. 

I mean EURO/GFS/GGEM against meso's usually is a easy decision but with mid level warmth usually rushing in faster than modeling, it is not IMO.

also did the 0z EURO 5H low make a closer Pass to say Long Island (Tuesday day) then the 12z run had? 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Everything white here 

Its very difficult to get on board snow later tonite with meso's torching 850's (and above?) by 8pm (BTV WRF and Nam) just wont snow. I would love to see them trend colder but they don't look that close. 

I mean EURO/GFS/GGEM against meso's usually is a easy decision but with mid level warmth usually rushing in faster than modeling, it is not IMO.

also did the 0z EURO 5H low make a closer Pass to say Long Island (Tuesday day) then the 12z run had? 

5H may have been a hair north, but not much. It did look slightly warmer with that warm area aloft, but not by much. Its nowhere near the mid level torch on the NAM. I do agree that having the mesos torchy in that level is concerning and definitely makes me think more sleet. Well have to see how they trend at 12z

4 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

5H may have been a hair north, but not much. It did look slightly warmer with that warm area aloft, but not by much. Its nowhere near the mid level torch on the NAM. I do agree that having the mesos torchy in that level is concerning and definitely makes me think more sleet. Well have to see how they trend at 12z

if the euro warms mid levels, especially between 11pm-6am  we pretty much can increase confidence in a pelt fest. 

I would love to see a 0z euro temp profile for say LWM like the one's Ryan put up yesterday. I know ray laid out his 925 temps for Will last nite but i'm curious to see if there was a warm nose at 8H on last nites Euro in late overnite period during the big lift.

Yeah, same. Ripping aggregates and winter wonderland in Tyngsborough/Chelmsford to absolutely nothing in Burlington. 

GFS verbatim is parachutes until after 12z tomorrow at ASH. Wouldn't be surprised to wake up to 5'' of cement or a slushy inch of sleet. Brutal forecast. 

Archived