Newest Member
    joxey
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, eyewall said:

F*ck this storm and F*ck this winter. Freezing rain for the loss here in Winooski. This month will go down as a complete ratter. I guess the good news is morale couldn't sink any lower. 

love it, coming from a man of science too....that's how I have felt most of the past winters

23 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Went over to sleet around 12:30 AM, sounded like sleet all night until about 6AM. Just flipped to plain rain in past 1/2 hour 33.8/33

Think you will start dropping soon. CF hung out around the MA/NH border, but the temps in Salem are dropping. Dropped about a degree to 28.7F here

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I thought it was great. It performed fairly well according to plan . Not sure what you were expecting

This is what I was expecting.  Unless someone wants 3-4" of sleet, a sleet storm sucks.

Impressive winds though.  This could have been great had the profiles cooperated.

Eyeballed 3-4" of snow/sleet at my house in Atkinson. It was almost all snow when I left at 5:45.

Surprisingly, less accumulation at CON.

93 was a mess from Salem to Derry. Slushy, treated north of there. Sounds like DOT was going off of NWS' early Monday forecast of zero in that stretch...

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Eyeballed 3-4" of snow/sleet at my house in Atkinson. It was almost all snow when I left at 5:45.

Surprisingly, less accumulation at CON.

93 was a mess from Salem to Derry. Slushy, treated north of there. Sounds like DOT was going off of NWS' early Monday forecast of zero in that stretch...

My guess is the CF enhanced things little, in addition to the onshore stuff we were getting before main show. Close to 3" here too

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

I was sleet/snow most of the night but at some point recently we flipped to heavy snow. Snowing heavily right now--visibility less than .25" mile.

Yea that doesn't look like a fun commute. .93 rain here, 1.03 at work, high winds at work 43 mph base 66.9 top of Obs tower

bb16b13d95ff3803a71711612bf705e8.jpg

568beee1cb91e9ee3886d65c19e4c60b.jpg

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was a beast to shovel..Tree limbs embedded in the sleet pack.

2.3" total.

The grass was closer to 3"

Wondering if there might either be a flip to snow later as slot fills in or maybe a sleety mix?

Zip, zero, nada in Brooklyn.  Had an hour or 2 of sleet last night with no accum. Woke up to light rain, and the feel of a cold spring day.

Over here in Manchester maybe 1" or so of sleet.

This storm can't disappear fast enough for me.  

Archived