Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We went over to +SN about 20 minutes ago w/ just a few pellets mixed in, picked up close to .5" since then.  Wish it could be this all night!

Went down to check.  Front porch looks like close to 2".  Snow whipping by. 27.6F

off to bed.  Hoping for a fourth phone call

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mahk_webstah said:

This is almost 100% moderate sleet.  I agree with Brian...never seen a storm like this that would start as moderate sleet and then magically become a snowstorm.  Surreal given that areas well to my south started as snow.  Oh well, bedtime.

You guys may flip as this lift moves north. I even have flakes.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

And I'm not surprised that there is a lot of sleet to start. There wash  sneaky warm layer all day today, and we have to get rid of that first. 

The NAM and HRRRX also showed waves of sleet and snow as lift waxed and waned tonight. It makes sense with marginal warmth aloft.

Comforting words from the meteorologists...and on cue I think a few more snowflakes or aggregates are mixing in.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Perhaps some area can get FIRE HOSE Magic

Unfortunately I don't think it's in the cards...we get a few fleeting moments this evening, but it's hard to see it sustaining after about midnight...maybe someone up in Maine or NH can do a bit better.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Unfortunately I don't think it's in the cards...we get a few fleeting moments this evening, but it's hard to see it sustaining after about midnight...maybe someone up in Maine or NH can do a bit better.

That was a huge positive bust, wasn't it?

I was out of it then....just remember the best was south of me, out along the pike...I got like 14", while Boston had like 2'.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That was a huge positive bust, wasn't it?

I was out it then....

The firehose was def a big positive bust...but some of us saw that coming...even if we still underestimated the magnitude. Anyways, that was more of a QPF concern and big rates in the lowlands rather than mid-level temp issues. The mid-level temp issues are always hard to overcome. You need a huge omega bomb....ala 12/16/07 or something.

Archived