Newest Member
    joxey
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Elevation doesn't matter when the issue is an elevated warm layer, well above 1100'.

Yeah was just about to say this. It'd be great to have if this was late March and the BL was the issue but we're all at the mercy of the ML tongue for this one. This one is all about latitude.

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's cool if you haven't experienced it before. I mean, it looks like snow and has a lot of staying power. I like dragging my feet through it when we get 3-4" of it. It's like sliding through salt or sugar. It's a bit of a b**ch to cleanup though.

Yeah, it's like a glacier if you don't get to it quickly.  Have been in 2 big sleet storms and 1 of those was followed up by temps near zero.  Nightmare.

32 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Ha - thanks Kevin. It was a pretty classic sleet look for this area... I'm not sure why others didn't bite. 

because most are rip and read, or pick a model and verbatim forcast... good call Ryan... about 80/20 PLSN here...man, if the column was all below freezing, this would be a great noreaster, nice sustained winds, with gusts, heavy precip...next time I guess....still 30* here and sandblasting...

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

because most are rip and read, or pick a model and verbatim forcast... good call Ryan... about 80/20 PLSN here...man, if the column was all below freezing, this would be a great noreaster, nice sustained winds, with gusts, heavy precip...next time I guess....still 30* here and sandblasting...

Yeah I wasn't sure about what to do for you guys... I went 2-6" worried that Hartland or Norfolk could flip to snow and pick up a quick 2" or something on top of the pingers. 

Archived