Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not true. It doesn't bother you if it melts. Your mood isn't affected. You have many here that enjoy it falling and then want it gone the next day . That to me is mind boggling. You get it.. you should want to keep it all winter. Who cares if the snowbanks get grungy. It's snow for the love of all that's good 

Because I'm realistic. It's gonna melt. Sucks, but life goes on.  I take pleasure knowing it can snow nicely here as well. Yet again I pulled out another double digit storm, while parts of NNE have not done that in 2 years. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There's precious few pack fetish posters here. Will, me, Freak,a few others . To me.. I love snow and I wAnt to always look outside and see it Otg during winter. I'll be honest.. it ruins it for me when a 6-8" storm is coming and 2 days later I know a cutter or torch is coming. It takes away my enjoyment of the snow knowing it's gone. It's why I'm always asking and worrying about it melting. Just how I'm programmed. And I know I'm not alone 

I am, I usually just don't post about it.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Because I'm realistic. It's gonna melt. Sucks, but life goes on.  I take pleasure knowing it can snow nicely here as well. Yet again I pulled out another double digit storm, while parts of NNE have not done that in 2 years. 

There's that, foot storms are normally a rare bird, seems normal now.

It bothers many of us to see it melt but as we get older allowing a torch and melt right after a big storm take away your enjoyment of the storm itself just doesn't seem healthy.  One of our all timers was April Fools 1997.  By definition that pack isn't hanging around.   Yet that was among the best storms ever.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I burned wood for 30 plus years,loved it but it took a toll on me.  Now I pay others to let me turn up a dial. More expensive but less strain . Do miss the whole routine and workout of dropping trees, cutting, splitting and carrying in up to 10 chord a year. But now I am OK with it. I still cut and split but that's for firepits.

I have to watch HDDs for a living,huge difference in Dec year to year and it showed up in NG usage at work.

He who chops his own wood is twice warmed.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It bothers many of us to see it melt but as we get older allowing a torch and melt right after a big storm take away your enjoyment of the storm itself just doesn't seem healthy.  One of our all timers was April Fools 1997.  By definition that pack isn't hanging around.   Yet that was among the best storms ever.

20 Years and has withstood the test of time.....still #1 in my book, and it isn't close.

April 1, 1997......then the rest battle for secondary proxy-

Dec 14, 1992 is a clear second, too.....then its a cluster-f*ck.

Powderfreak also spends all day at 3000 feet where fluff doesn't disintegrate as quickly. For residential areas at normal elevations it sucks a lot worse...obviously if I lived in an absolute sweet spot like jspin then you don't mind because the quantity is so much that even compaction won't ruin it. 

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Will, the 30th system is still there and trending slowly westward on the GFS, EURO, CMC and NOGAPS as well as UKMET models.  Also the clipper mid week is getting interesting as well.

The 30th system isn't even close... if we're being honest. It's way out to sea.

The GFS has been pretty consistent with tracking the clipper across NNE. Granted, it did track it a bit further South this run 

2 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yea, i think there are probably more pack fetish people than he thinks. They just may not sculpt there driveway piles into razor sharp peaks.

I like a good walkway pack or driveway tunnel pack as much as the next guy.

Pack in Tahoe takes on a different meaning tonight 

Screenshot_20170125-215919.png

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

GFS usually comes in board in the 12 hours lead time with these systems.  Actually though, for fast flow systems with a dominant northern stream the GFS is kindof in its proverbial wheelhouse.

A fair number of the GEFS look more like the Euro/EPS.. We're not concerned one iota about an op GFS run 6+ days out.

Archived