joxey
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It has? Examples please

had the right idea of at least a couple of the inside runners we had earlier this winter season while the euro was showing purple unicorns doing snow angels region wide.....in fact it seems the euro was too cold and snowy with that shredded debacle a week or so ago

11 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I'm still not giving up on the 30/31st system, there is too much gray area involved right now to give up on the overall trough axis.

You want that lead system to get the fook outta the way to allow the follow up system on the 1st/2nd to be able to dig more. coming out of the GL.

Yeah it's always "10 days away" until the "goods" arrive.  But 10 days away never comes, it's always 10 days away. We'll be entering the end of March and the "models show a pattern shift the first week of April....no spring in sight".  Then it's 65 degrees that first week of April.  I dunno, color me skeptical of any long term prediction outside of 5 days ahead.  

Just now, Whineminster said:

Yeah it's always "10 days away" until the "goods" arrive.  But 10 days away never comes, it's always 10 days away. We'll be entering the end of March and the "models show a pattern shift the first week of April....no spring in sight".  Then it's 65 degrees that first week of April.  I dunno, color me skeptical of any long term prediction outside of 5 days ahead.  

The pattern change is already here. Not sure if you looked at guidance...but things get quite a bit colder than we've been seeing after today. The pattern change is looking as advertised 1-2 weeks ago. I'd say guidance did a pretty good job.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The pattern change is already here. Not sure if you looked at guidance...but things get quite a bit colder than we've been seeing after today. The pattern change is looking as advertised 1-2 weeks ago. I'd say guidance did a pretty good job.

Sometimes the best melts occur without some realizing it's already changed. :lol:

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sometimes the best melts occur without some realizing it's already changed. :lol:

Well we know what this is all about anyway...nobody cares if the pattern changed if they don't have 20" of snowpack in their backyard or there isn't an imminent blizzard on guidance inside of a few days.

Ironically, whineminster comes out of this absolute garbage pattern with a bulletproof snowpack intact....

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Remember when Cosgrove said there was no pattern change in like 07-08 winter? And you went off on him in the car after the conference.. hilarious. This reminds me of that 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Remember when Cosgrove said there was no pattern change in like 07-08 winter? And you went off on him in the car after the conference.. hilarious. This reminds me of that 

Yes...it was actually '06-'07...we had like record warmth and no snow the first two months and then we put up like a -5 for Feb/Mar and got decent snow.

Archived