Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh' Dave is definitely the king when it comes to downplaying snow.  MPM, at his locale, most certainly has more legitimate concerns with most winter storms than Hubb, Hubb parked in the middle of N ORH Co. 

You are right though, most think MPM is true E slope of Berks but he is actually only about 10mi NW of the River, albeit with decent elevation. 

I don't hype    I call it like I see it                But there have been many events where people are congratulating me ahead of time and the football gets pulled out..."You're good for 8-12"" , "Dave's gonna get crushed", then "meh" occurs

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I don't hype    I call it like I see it                But there have been many events where people are congratulating me ahead of time and the football gets pulled out..."You're good for 8-12"" , "Dave's gonna get crushed", then "meh" occurs

112 of meh, i like it

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

10" pooper?   :lol:. My are we spoiled. 

Embarrassing...yeah I long for the old days when I was a child and we were jackpotting in 4-8" events in the 1980s and early 1990s and we had like 25-30 days of snow cover per winter. It really sucks now that when we get 17", someone else got 20" and our 2 months of snow cover doesn't go a week longer....darn.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Embarrassing...yeah I long for the old days when I was a child and we were jackpotting in 4-8" events in the 1980s and early 1990s and we had like 25-30 days of snow cover per winter. It really sucks now that when we get 17", someone else got 20" and our 2 months of snow cover doesn't go a week longer....darn.

I know. I feel like people either forget, or weren't around for those years and refuse to believe us. They were beyond terrible and we did not know any better. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro still is cold for this event.

It sort of backbuilds overnight too...we'll have to see how that plays out. Inflow increases as the low develops to the south and there could be a period of more enhanced precip. I think we will need to see that occur in order for anyone to make a run at 6" or more in high terrain MA.

I have a meeting that I chair tonight in Stafford and I've been tied up all day at work....I'm hearing concerns about potential ice between 6 and 9 when we will be meeting.  Normally I'd look myself but I've been tied up, can someone tell me how real those concerns might be?  I don't care about rain or snow but if temps are 31° with rain, that's a little different.

I think 495 goes to rain pretty quickly (except perhaps that area near 500' near Marlboro ) after a couple hrs of snow and maybe a sloppy inch or two Max. I am not hanging my hat on Euro weenie snow maps against all other guidance.

With such a putrid airmass and models continuing to show East winds for NE mass the coastal plain looks pretty cooked to me including Ray to Me. This looks like a early spring ELEVATION event to me, (for Sne)even our friend in Nashua may be cooked after 1-2 of paste.

If this thing could deepen more rapidly around late evening perhaps our fortunes could change.

Archived