Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tamarack said:

Over the past 3-4 days this event has (for my area) progressed thru:  RA - RA starting as ZR - IP/ZR/RA - Rain/snow mix - mostly paste - all snow - am I too far north?

Whatever the end, it will be better than the start of that string.   Edit:  Only need to get more than 2" to move ahead of last winter's total.

Numerous maps on this thread are answering this morning's question affirmatively - may not even get that 2" if the south trend continues.  Should get out of the January cellar - only need 0.9" to pass 2014's futility.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah a NAM solution is more disorganized and nobody would get warning criteria out of that I don;t think. Not with those rates.

Yeah its awful warm in the low levels from ORH-LWM, despite being pretty chilly at 925. Better lift would help Im sure

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

East wind kills Ray's area on the RGEM surface gets to 35, all other layers are below freezing.

Such a tight gradient. If model is underplaying ageo flow even by like 10 degrees of direction then it could change things a lot for his area. I'm always a little skeptical of rain away from immediate coast when 925 is like -3 or -4. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Such a tight gradient. If model is underplaying ageo flow even by like 10 degrees of direction then it could change things a lot for his area. I'm always a little skeptical of rain away from immediate coast when 925 is like -3 or -4. 

Yep nail biter, it is a damn cold tuckee right above his swollen head

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

925 are not thaaat cold.  

0Z RGEM Red Flag for 128-495 

So much for a perfectly positioned High....

I am not confident at this point in a rain storm for LWM but we NEED euro to hold serve with LIFT and COLD NE TUCK

-2C is cold enough, imo.....-4 H85.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see at least a good 2-3".

Archived