Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I've noticed some odd temp things going on with this.almost seems like some sort of cold drain down into SE Mass and parts of RI. 

This is noteworthy because places of similar latitude out west in places like CT are warmer

Its a common occurrence when you have a high situated over ME.....ne/e areas are closest to the cold source, which gets dragged down by the constricting a ageostrophic flow associated with developing coastal low.

We want a better developed low bc:

1) Heavier fall rates advect cold from mid levels down

2) Stronger ageostrophic flow not only draws colder air in from ME, but also drier air, which enhances wet build potential when precip. commences.

Better low advects cold in from higher altitude and latitude, which is what we allude to when we say "dynamics".

RGEM continues to show very little snow at all inside 495. Euro is decidedly snowier for closer to the coast and lower down. It's probably more correct IMHO. 

Though it is worth pointing out that it is in good agreement with the nam on that particular detail. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

RGEM continues to show very little snow at all inside 495. Euro is decidedly snowier for closer to the coast and lower down. It's probably more correct IMHO. 

Though it is worth pointing out that it is in good agreement with the nam on that particular detail. 

ORH...I went from a winter storm watch back into ADV. you thinking KASH is good for 3-5" or am I way off?

Archived