Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Morch Madness said:

It's the difference between a slushy inch and nothing. Gonna be mostly rain in both places probably.

True but for me the when that slushy inch occurs matters a lot. if it accumulates from say 12am to 3 am then yeah that means next to nothing but if it's between say 4am and 7 am that's where it gets interesting for me.

3 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Another Lunenberg special. I wonder if the spotter weenies will be back in full force for this one. I am honestly surprised BOX never seems to catch them until near the end of the storm. RGEM looks like 7" for here which would be the biggest storm of the year. 

Since the ratios are going to suck for everyone--at least in the three SNE states (I think that defines it well)--any excitement over the clown maps should be tempered.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

not a chance just yet, I'm around 26 inches or so.  Maine winter.

I consider Lakes Region to be hugging the ME/NH border.  A chunk of Maine such as Freyeburg is in the lakes region as are swaths of NH along ft 16/153.  I don't really see your area as part of that being so far west.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I consider Lakes Region to be hugging the ME/NH border.  A chunk of Maine such as Freyeburg is in the lakes region as are swaths of NH along ft 16/153.  I don't really see your area as part of that being so far west.

You know too much....

Yes we are broadly Lakes Region, but not really... I am at the border or Webster and Salisbury in Ncentral Merrimack County and at least 25 miles west of the big lake, as the crow flies. 

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

You know too much....

Yes we are broadly Lakes Region, but not really... I am at the border or Webster and Salisbury in Ncentral Merrimack County and at least 25 miles west of the big lake, as the crow flies. 

I usually draw a line from Newfound to Sunapee and call "Lakes Region" everything NE of there in that stripe toward Maine.

Archived