Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

See I thought the EURO moved towards the NAM/GFS up here...at least with moisture and lift.  

Euro much more expansive with the precip in NNE, more in line with the American guidance.

We'all see if the RGEM moves that way too with more pronounced lift in NNE.

That's what i was referring to was in NNE

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I'm just looking at temperature profiles which models are much better at vs qpf.

Ha yeah I figured SNE is talking thermals while NNE is talking RH and lift.  Much less dry surface air from that high and what looks like better upglide in the mid-levels recently on models for NNE.  

EURO and RGEM had almost nothing (less than 0.2") with dry air eating in from N/NE) and now with the EURO there's a good consensus up here.

25 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Sure the snow map is consistent but I see changes on the NAM this run.  Check it out.  It is moving in the euro direction.

Definitely a tick colder ...particularly in the 900 level over Boston ... figure that's good for all snow up down the els west of 128 and probably big aggies mixes with cat paws out at Logan..

There is +1 C in there around 800 but that's scrub able with ease -

4 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

rgem may have warmed a hair on the southern fringe, but not too much change from 12z 

Yeah maybe like trimmed 5-10 miles off the southern edge around the CT border. Still sticks with the theme though of N of pike and W of 128/95 is in a pretty good spot for SNE. 

Archived