joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a snowglobe out there with all those beautiful, small dendrites flying around. It's not too often we get snow of this consistency around here lol..I'll definitely take a couple measurements later when I go out to shovel. Just eyeballing out the window it looks like 3-4" have fallen so far.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Two big bands right now in E MA...a death band down near PYM-EWB and then another one not quite as intense west side of BOS and metrowest burbs.

2n8ti.gif

I'm in the metro west band and it's legit.   My weenie hope is this and the death band join up.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We should see CT light up again into areas near and just west of BOS over next 1-2 hrs. You can see as the ULL swings east and tightens up frontogenesis on the back side.

Yeah, good call on this. Radar presentation really tightening up down here the last few frames. Snow growth is much better. Absolutely dumping now.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

hrrr hinting at a subsidence area from pvd to boston with heavy bands se of there and another band over orh into ray. 

Can see it sort of setting up on the radar ORH just posted too.  Although it looks the there is an OES band helping to fill in the eastern part of it?

Archived