Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, we know that is true...there are multidecadal  trends, but the instance rate of blockbuster coastals going back 20+ years is undeniable.

Too bad we need 100+ more years of sampling moving forward to even begin to draw that conclusion but I am inclined to agree with you. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Too bad we need 100+ more years of sampling moving forward to even begin to draw that conclusion but I am inclined to agree with you. 

Pretty much.....but I think the fact that all of Boston's top 10 are within the past 20 years is pretty telling. Fine me a decade in which that has happened....granted disparate measuring techniques have something to do with it, but that does not account for everything.

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Pretty much.....but I think the fact that all of Boston's top 10 are within the past 20 years is pretty telling. Fine me a decade in which that has happened....granted disparate measuring techniques have something to do with it, but that does not account for everything.

Would be interesting to see winter storm tracks plotted historically like canes and see if there are trends that are decadal or in some other cycle...

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM was basically cosmetic changes...a bit west with the western expanse of the measurable stuff, but maybe a hair east with the really heavy stuff in eastern areas. But the types of changes are basically academic...model noise.

I feel like there is a cap on accumulations all the way back through I 495 when there is a CJ.

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

Snow is more important to me than Woman for Sure.  I earn my Snowman Badge there.  

But  to me it's easy because it's like the dog argument where the dog is always happy to see you and never talks back.  And is Always Gorgeous and creates Happiness.  

:lol:

'Cmon,  man....you're famous....act like it-

Archived