Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It's really amazing to take a step back and think just yesterday morning most of NE was looking at a total wiff save cape/islands...now a significant to major snow storm is likely for most of us in SNE.

Yup, read this page in Model Mayhem II.... 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It's really amazing to take a step back and think just yesterday morning most of NE was looking at a total wiff save cape/islands...now a significant to major snow storm is likely for most of us in SNE.

I already stated if we get a foot in the storm it will be arguably the most shocking turn of events in my lifetime as in being in NYC this week, coming home late last night, I had absolutely 0% idea we were even Getting snow tomorrow, let alone potentially 12"+.  

12/16/07 Will always be the Suprose Benchmark of surprises when I thought I would get 2" of Snow and rain and woke up to hearing "I don't know where to put the snow!  We got 9" (on top of 12" from 12/7/07)"  But although  this is more of a forecasting surprise in the storm surprise, to go from zero to possibly over a Foot in 48 hours is insane in modern-day modeling.   

2 minutes ago, 512high said:

what is the next model time frame,to see if its tilting more west, etc

We won't get much until 00z unless we are looking at shorter term stuff like the RAP/HRRR...but we're still a little too far out to be scutinizing those yet.

Archived