EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would add more nuance to emphasize OES zones. I've seen this a million times where the totals just increase from NW to SE and they jack the Cape..but it rarely ends of working out like that. They usually do well, but the south shore and a few other areas often eclipse their initial forecasts in these types of storms due to enhancement. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah at first I thought he posted a max snow , what model gives them 1.5 qpf?

JFS?

I dunno...you needed everything to go right including no wind to get those ratios today. You'll have wind out there tomorrow. Unless a mega band parked overhead...the 24" number is quite....well bullish.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like about 0.60-0.65" of QPF for BOS this run...about 0.35" for ORH...the 1 inch line runs from about PYM to just east of EWB and eastward.

Yet BOX throws out 6-8" for TAN.  :lol: 

Seriously think they'll be adjusting up at the 4pm package in the Bristol/Norfolk Counties

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yet BOX throws out 6-8" for TAN.  :lol: 

Seriously think they'll be adjusting up at the 4pm package in the Bristol/Norfolk Counties

The 12z models overall have been a little more bullish, so I'm sure they'll bring the higher amounts a bit west. Plus, the synoptics in general argue for good snows along the QPF gradient.

Archived