Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

What a weenie signal over SNE after 00z too.

The trough axis isn't past us yet, so there's def a good case for lingering currier and ives snow after 00z.

Just before 00z though there is an epic mid-level signature over the eastern third of the region...even can't rule out back to central areas...someone is gonna get crushed in a band or two from that.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The trough axis isn't past us yet, so there's def a good case for lingering currier and ives snow after 00z.

Just before 00z though there is an epic mid-level signature over the eastern third of the region...even can't rule out back to central areas...someone is gonna get crushed in a band or two from that.

Yeah sweet. I hope RGEM joins.

7 minutes ago, leo1000 said:

Why are you so mean?. Lol, let me enjoy it after all rain on Wednesday for here.

.heh... i should be careful; my jokes have come true in the past ... 

no, think best case scenario for us still nails you guys up that way - it doesn't have enough mechanical power to torque the mass fields like that.  i have seen warm air wrap NW but that's usually in the spring when the cold side of the boundaries is rotted and actually more like mild ...  

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

During the currier and ive stuff in the evening, look at the BOS sounding...it has perfect snow growth saturation from like 950mb up to 600mb, lol:

170106202033.gif

could almost be one of those scenarios where the main lift moves off but you got so much loading in that saturated layer that it snows teeny flakes with peach skies until much later regardless of radar. 

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

.heh... i should be careful; my jokes have come true in the past ... 

no, think best case scenario for us still nails you guys up that way - it doesn't have enough mechanical power to torque the mass fields like that.  i have seen warm air wrap NW but that's usually in the spring when the cold side of the boundaries is rotted and actually more like mild ...  

Well that is good. I am sorry. 

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I doubt that Cape Cod doesn't get as much as the south shore, the Blizzard of 2015 as an example, we were secondary area of jackpot.  Temps will be cold enough for all snow on Nantucket, that just tells you something there.

aaah... i'd say that this particular series of 18z runs makes that entirely possible if not more plausible actually. 

the cold is denser in the immediate interior and acts like a bit of lift when the NE/NNE wind is pushed inland... there's likely to be some enhancement there that you won't benefit from out on the cape.   The best way to get you to max is to have the bone-job solution of only the Cape getting it...  Like in late January of 1987 ...  

Archived