Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still IMO a good banding signal in ern areas aside from any CJ. The deep DGZ raises eyebrows too despite weaker omega.

Right...but you have to wonder if mid levels can compensate for low level subsidence owed to strong low level banding in areas of oes assit.

Granted, the exhaust is less pronounced when  forcing is better; however the banding tends to set up in the areas that offer the least resistance.

When you read this stuff all day long for multiple days it is like a tunnel.  If we step out we realize that we have gone from a light event/near miss, decent storm for the Cape, to a moderate storm for 2/3 of SNE, a major storm for ESNE, and a humdinger for the Cape.  Up here we may get 1-3 high ratio fluff.  This has really developed nicely over a 2 day period AMOUT.  Would love another bump but don't think that's gonna happen.

The one thing I have noticed recently with the Nam and now the new RGEM, is the redevelopment on the western side of the precip as it moves into NE. You can really see this when looking at the 700 level moisture, you can see it almost build westward once it hits this latitude. The meso models showed this too with the first wave this morning. Since I am on the western side of both the storms it makes a difference for me. With the new RGEM, 0.3 - 0.35 of qpf could get me 6" with ratios over here in far western CT.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

maybe this isn't done trending.  maybe 2-4 with lollies isn't out of the question for you and I if we can get those good ratios.

Really don't expect much of anything here, Pretty far out on the western edge, We would need another bump like the 12z  RGEM just had,  That would be getting the cape close to having mixing issues if it was the case but would also mean it snows further to the west as well.

Archived