Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep...the last frame at 54h, makes al ittle more west movement...so we got an overall positive trend this run, but it actually could have been a lot better had the PNA ridge held serve from 12z.

I know its the NAM and it is past 12 hours, but is there something the NAM could be sniffing out earlier in the run that makes a difference down the road? It did kinda start the trend westward this morning....

Just now, Spanks45 said:

I know its the NAM and it is past 12 hours, but is there something the NAM could be sniffing out earlier in the run that makes a difference down the road? It did kinda start the trend westward this morning....

It's not sniffing anything out, it is just the first to run.

why is there a new thread for this ...?

anyway, late trend to tick back west continued on the 18z ... three run consecutively that the NAM has done this.

Regardless of the Euro's point seaward stands too - interesting...   But, the synoptics now throwing down .75" to BOS was a bit weird - 

The NCEP is out to hour 60.  It at least finished the storm system.  One thing to note is how much precip the NAM dumps on Cape and Islands all within an 18 hour period.  WE could be talking 12-24" all within 18 hours of time.  Talk about a quick hitting storm.  It slows down near the Cape and Islands though as shortwave becomes negatively tilted allowing surface low to park or at least slow down further as it nears 100 miles or closer to the benchmark.

Tropical tidbits.com and pivotal weather.com all have high res imagery to process and also point and click soundings. This causes it to take a little longer but in my opinion  pivotal weather is awesome. I will say weather .COD is great and will actually have things like frontogenesis to diagnose. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Tropical tidbits.com and pivotal weather.com all have high res imagery to process and also point and click soundings. This causes it to take a little longer but in my opinion  pivotal weather is awesome. I will say weather .COD is great and will actually have things like frontogenesis to diagnose. 

We get boned out here since we only get the nam 32km grid.  No fancy frontogenesis products.  

16 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The NCEP is out to hour 60.  It at least finished the storm system.  One thing to note is how much precip the NAM dumps on Cape and Islands all within an 18 hour period.  WE could be talking 12-24" all within 18 hours of time.  Talk about a quick hitting storm.  It slows down near the Cape and Islands though as shortwave becomes negatively tilted allowing surface low to park or at least slow down further as it nears 100 miles or closer to the benchmark.

hows it look for areas outside your snow globe yard?

Archived