Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scrapple is where it's at. If you want a good breakfast that will come close to killing you.......toast or bagel w cream cheese, fried egg and a big slab of scrabble. 

Also, scrapple is fairly simple to make. I've made turkey scrapple before and it came out great.

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Don't forget your Dogfish Head Breakfast Stout. You can skip making the scrapple, because it is brewed with it. Lots of it lol. Sounds gross but its really good. Has very much the same characteristic as an oyster stout. Definitely "meaty" on the backend.

I game to try just about anything but after reading this I threw up a little bit in my mouth. 

Every morning my grandpa used to drink his coffee out of a saucer while he enjoyed his bacon.  He loved bacon!  I can still hear him slurping that coffee (rest his soul).  After his coffee he'd take cigar (pronounced "sie garrr") and break it in half.  Take one half and put it in his mouth and start chewing.  He'd save the other half for later in the day after lunch.  Used that cigar like chewing tobacco and he enjoyed that chew like the rest of us enjoy a jelly donut for breakfast.  The kicker is he never spit!  You'd wonder what that would do to a person's insides, but he painted full time for a living until he was 84 and passed away at the age of 89.  Had a 3 section 50' wood extension ladder he used to setup by himself for the big jobs, all while chewing away...

Just now, showmethesnow said:

I was fine until the 'meaty on the backend' comment. Though I like a heavy, thick beer I really don't want to have to chew it. 

Its just a hint of a little something. You would never know its got some pig in it lol. Like I said it reminds me of a true oyster stout.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Lol

I've been to that! It's been a number of years but whenever I run into the group of friends that I went with, we all break up remembering the crazy school bus ride from the parking area to the festival. Our bus driver was a want-to-be roller coaster operator!

Good times.

48 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That's a good full life. 

Indeed, it was - thanks.

This thread about bacon other breakfast delicacies is a pointed reminder of how desperate we've becoming in the MA.  Back in mid Dec we were looking for early Jan to have high hopes.  The cold came and the snow last week for some of the more southern readers.  Now we're at the middle of Jan and it appears the rest of Jan does not hold much hope.  For most of this season it's been a repeating theme of looking for something 10+ days out. 

For everyone's sake I wish the pattern would shift in such a way to permit the models to latch onto a real and significant SECS a week to 10 days out, and keep it without waver, right up to payday.  Doesn't have to be a HECS or BECS like we had last Jan, which showed up a week+ in advance and just kept getting bigger and bigger with each run.  Just a decent 8-10" region wide event that enables everyone to get in on the action. 

Even with all the modern technology and computational power behind the various models, it remains interesting if not outright confounding how the models can vary so much, so often and many times right up to the last couple of days before an event before converging (if they converge at all).  I'm not a big data expert, nor a pro met, not even full fledged weenie.  Just a mere mortal systems engineer.  But ya'd think there would be more consistency between the models than there is.  Guess the built in bias helps promote a somewhat intentional theme of diversity to allow each model to focus on certain theories, strengths and potential forecast risks.  All in sum, further testimony to the respect garnered by the Pro Mets, experienced amateurs and hobbyists, who collectively digest it all to make sense.

Not running to the ledge just yet, but am worried this year is going to become the year of a future analog that we all dread remembering.

I shared this initially in the Climate Change subforum, but I'm rarely involved with that nonsense.  Could this be home-grown biassed research?  The research report link is embedded. Fwiw, I'm seeing conflicting data between ipcc and the u.s. climate research report on the data involved. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/earth/new-england-may-warm-by-2c-two-decades-before-the-rest-of-world/?utm_medium=novasocial&utm_campaign=nova_next&linkId=33370054

Archived