Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mappy said:

On this day last year our Jan blizzard was showing up on all models and never wavered. Ahhh wouldn't that be nice to have this year? 

At this point I just want one snowstorm this year. One 6 or more inches of snow area-wide and a deep trough behind it to give us ten days of snowpack and super cold.  

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

At this point I just want one snowstorm this year. One 6 or more inches of snow area-wide and a deep trough behind it to give us ten days of snowpack and super cold.  

agreed. One legit warning level storm will be fine. 

Well, that was about as bad a football weekend as could have happened.  Two clunkers on Saturday, followed by a complete nuts-kicking yesterday afternoon, and yet another Steelers-saving penalty last night.

So, I'm now in the position to have to root for the Patriots this weekend.  Hooray.

I will be the biggest Falcons' fan on the planet for the remainder of this season.  Please, God, grant me revenge on lucky-ass Aaron Rodgers.  Let him suffer, miserably, endlessly.  

1 hour ago, mappy said:

made myself the best lunch -- noodles, some olive oil, olives, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and feta. 

so, so good. my breath is going to be terrible. but so so worth it. 

sounds like something only people in Europe with better lifestyles gets to eat.  Sounds yummy

2 hours ago, PennQuakerGirl said:

Hey, it'll likely give you better breath than my "embrace-my-roots" Indian food I had for lunch today.  

Love good Indian cuisine! Especially with good, spicy curry. As in hot enough to clear your sinuses! :lol: But yeah, agree it doesn't leave one with the nicest breath after haha! 

1 hour ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Sushi, sushi and more sushi. But not tapeworm infused Alaskan caught Salmon

I second this...sushi any time! Lots of soy sauce, plenty of wasabi! 

41 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Amazes me to see people tripping over themselves to move 2009/10 winter lower on lists for favorite winters etc. I can't get beyond 3 HECS and a surprise half foot storm along with early December snow totaling 70+ inches area wide being anything but the best.

Also, rainy.

This winter blows.

I agree wholeheartedly.

That said, February 10 wasn't a huge deal in terms of snow for much of this region. Cool storm, though, and a pretty cool way to finish that season.

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

That said, February 10 wasn't a huge deal in terms of snow for much of this region. Cool storm, though, and a pretty cool way to finish that season.

I don't know about the "much of the region"  Remember for the entire Baltimore metro is was a 12" plus and in many areas 18" plus storm.  For DC it pretty much split the metro in half with a line from DCA to Leesburg northeast getting 10" plus and amounts decreasing fast southwest of that line.   I would guess about 70% of the population of this forum got 10" plus from that storm.  But yes it did suck if you were southwest of that line.

Feb10.1.jpg

Archived