Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I don't know what's gonna happen down here but there's no doubt 90% of NC is going to be happy with this storm. Maybe even the whole state gets snow. Has there ever been a case where the entire state of NC was covered in snow ?

Sure several times these two just off the top of my head...I loved 1980 hehe

accum.19800302.gifaccum.20020102.gif

22 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

NAM showing more snow in Macon than ATL ? I'll believe it when I see it. 

I've seen that a number of times since I moved out of Atl.  Closer to the storm, so more heat, but if it hits right more precip into cold air.  Saw 10 3/4, 7 and 8 twice, inches down here, and never came close in Midtown.  In 73 Macon got 16  inches at I got squat in Atl.  Just one of the many ways Ma Nature loves to twist the knife :) T

Yeah, but let's be honest, BL temps are going to be a problem. It's going to be sunny-ish on Friday and the cold is moving in with the storm. Any speedup in precip or temps being a little warmer on Friday and that could kill hours of precip that could be snow. Won't help with ground temps either.

5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

RGEM does not resemble NAM at 48 hours at all.  The NAM is more progressive and already has bypassed MS/AL and NW GA by then

Agreed!  RGEM is def. slower and a bit colder than 4km nam for sure...precip really just moving in here at that point...hr 48

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived