joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CaryWx said:

12z Euro came a bit SE if I recall so maybe the jogging is almost done?  Models lining up a lot more closely now 

Unfortunately though the Ensembles still seem to be all over the place. Hopefully that will start to change when they come out tonight.

2 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

DWD-ICON... Since no one has ever heard of it we can't just assume it's a poor model right? :)

P1_GZ_D5_PN_054_0000.gif

I would guess so, if it was that good it would be used by more.  Reason it's so deep it really digs that low in the SW, kind of like the Euro.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 11.32.47 PM.png

I think if your in GA, and most areas in the SE......GREAT trends tonight.  GFS is VERY close to a really good hit around here....CMC, and GFS trending better with qpf and colder for sure around GA.  RGEM looks like its going to be good as well.  4KM 
NAM was getting better...reg nam...its lost.  I noticed that the precip is about 6 hours or so slower moving in...I am ok with that.

That warm nose is inching its way eeeeever so slightly into n/e Georgia on the latest GFS. Wouldn't take much more to get that thing into the southern part of the upstate. I've seen that story play out many times. Everyone's totals approaching 2-4" while you're still sitting with a cold rain. Just plain brutal

1 minute ago, HWY316wx said:

I spit water on my screen.

I don't expect to see a lot of movement in models at this point.  At least not big shifts.

For my sake I hope the GFS ends up a little north. I don't guess it would take much for it to shift 30-40 miles north ? But if it doesnt I'll still be happy with 2".

3 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Yep. In all my years here on am I've never seen or heard of it failing, being wrong etc.

We you to use a french model, but for whatever reason we got rid of her. 

It's stuck to its guns.  Same as the 18z run, ill give it that.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived