Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rations approaching 14:1 during the peak of the storm.... temps at 23 as well..... cant ask for a better look than that.

Greenvile stays 100% snow with 30+ miles to spare on the 18z gfs. models starting to juice up western areas as well. 

Cant ask for a better position at 00z we will be 48 hrs from start for most of NC peeps.

Just now, shaggy said:

If the gfs is right and we see a more suppressed storm then December 3rd  2000 start to come to mind. The storm ended up further east than forecast by quite a ways.

not too far off from some model ouputs besides western areas.. but models have rly amped their moisture up recently and I expect that trend to continue. But believe North trend may be almost done.  00z set may see gfs tick a tad more N but Euro should come South and line up nicely! Its game time boysaccum.20101225.and.20101226.separate.gif

Just now, buckeyefan1 said:

18z GFS bufkit for CAE says 6.7" falls in the form of snow :lol:  The Nam says enjoy your 32.7 deg rain :mellow: Dr No says I'll get a dusting  :whistle:  Priceless....lol

Are the models really that bad in the year 2017 ? I can understand it if the storm was a week away, but 2 days before the event ? I don't get it.

1 minute ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Are the models really that bad in the year 2017 ? I can understand it if the storm was a week away, but 2 days before the event ? I don't get it.

A degree or two makes all the difference and that won't get settled until you can see the whites of its eyes here between the portals  B)

8 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

not too far off from some model ouputs besides western areas.. but models have rly amped their moisture up recently and I expect that trend to continue. But believe North trend may be almost done.  00z set may see gfs tick a tad more N but Euro should come South and line up nicely! Its game time boysaccum.20101225.and.20101226.separate.gif

Jan 02 comes to mind, too.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived